The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock - a few questions

jagsiva

...bordering on geeky but..

1) I am looking at the Roadie HR 23 for my recently ordered Aptus 12. The image circle on it is approx 70mm which is clearly within the diagonal of the sensor (approx 67mm), but the BH listing says "recommended for 33x44mm Max". I appreciate that I will not be able to shift this lens, but anyone with any idea why this is decribed as recommended only for crop sensors?

2) Along with the 23, I was settled on the Rodie 40HR and 70HR. However, reading the specs, the 90 HR has an image circle of 125mm vs. 100mm for the 70. My pain reason for a TC is shift, so will the 90 be a better choice? Outside of focal lenght, do they compare well in quality?

Thanks for your help...Cheers, Jag

Although the 23 shows no direct vignetting at the corners there is distinct loss of image quality. Still, a remarkable lens and if the corners are not critical to the overall image then quite acceptable. Shifts are not possible, but tilt/swing is generally fine.