The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H39 back on Cambo

jlm

Workshop Member
anyone doing this?

i am setting the back to flash sync, <1/8 sec, not sure how the timing works, but if i set it to <32 sec, takes a long time to show the preview.

thx

DDudenbostel

I have the CFV39 and assume it's the same operation. Set your time on the back to at least the time of the exposure. I generally will set it for slightly more time then my actual exposure like 15 seconds on the back for a 10 or twelve second exposure. It speeds things up a great deal.

I don't know if the H back has settings like the V back but I can select the type of camera or sync used between the lens / camera and back. For example when I use it on my Linhof I set the back to flash sync to wake up the back although I found it doesn't seem to matter with my setup. If I use it on my 501CM I set it on 500 series and if I use it on my 500ELM I set it on one 500 ELX or 553, can't remember at the moment which. There are several settings available on the V back depending on the camera.