The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sinar Hy6-65 Camera System (31 MPx) Announced

T

thsinar

Dear Son,

It is not planed to support the Contax 645, nor the Rolleiflex 6008.
I understand that this sounds disappointing for some, but unfortunately the figures of adapters sold for these are not justifying it, when it comes to set priorities.

I know that there are still many "lovers" and users of these bodies, including myself, and I have forwarded the "complains" already with the suggestion to reconsider it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
Will all new digital back no longer support the Contax 645 system? Also I forgot to ask if the new back will support the Rollei 6008 cameras? I hope that Sinar will re-consider supporting the Contax 645 and Rollei 6008 systems for photographers who are on the budget or multi system users. A complete Contax 645 and Rollei 6008 cameras would cost less and thus allow them to put the funding toward the digital back. The new concept of having an affordable digital solution is now equalized to the whole Sinar Hy6 system. One of the main reason why I choose Sinar back is the ability to put the digital back on all the systems that I use. Perhaps in my case will represent unique but I initially found Sinar to be unique in their support of photographer such as the Sinar m system. I also believe that there are other photographers who cannot own all the new and latest technology but can afford a hybrid system.

-Son

Thanks,
-Son

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This won't be a popular comment but i don't think they should either. Supporting dead systems does not promote growth in the industry at all. How is Phase, Mamiya, Hassy, Sinar, leaf and others going to survive the future if they have to keep supporting old systems and don't have the growth for newer and better technology. I know not popular but those are the realities of this industry. We want these companies to grow so us gear heads get better stuff. LOL

T

thsinar

Basically and despite being not popular, it is the sad truth which we have to face.

Thierry

This won't be a popular comment but i don't think they should either. Supporting dead systems does not promote growth in the industry at all. How is Phase, Mamiya, Hassy, Sinar, leaf and others going to survive the future if they have to keep supporting old systems and don't have the growth for newer and better technology. I know not popular but those are the realities of this industry. We want these companies to grow so us gear heads get better stuff. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree Thierry and it is not something we all wish for but growth is survival and for Sinar and others to prosper in this small market segment tough choices need to be made. Sad truth I am afraid also

R

rainer-v

Dear Son,

It is not planed to support the Contax 645, nor the Rolleiflex 6008.
I understand that this sounds disappointing for some, but unfortunately the figures of adapters sold for these are not justifying it, when it comes to set priorities.

I know that there are still many "lovers" and users of these bodies, including myself, and I have forwarded the "complains" already with the suggestion to reconsider it.

Best regards,
Thierry
hi thierry,congrats t the great response of the back. one question to contax from my side too: if contax will not be supported in future: could it mean that future fw upgrades for existing backs as the e22/54/75 does not longer allow to use the backs with contax645 cameras?
i mean: will the choice to select the contax camera disapear in this case from the menue setting in possible future fw? would be a nightmare for contax/sinar users if so.

T

thsinar

hi Rainer,

I understand your concern concerning future FW updates, but I don't think this will be the case, to not longer support it with the models you have listed.

Kind regards,
Thierry

hi thierry,congrats t the great response of the back. one question to contax from my side too: if contax will not be supported in future: could it mean that future fw upgrades for existing backs as the e22/54/75 does not longer allow to use the backs with contax645 cameras?
i mean: will the choice to select the contax camera disapear in this case from the menue setting in possible future fw? would be a nightmare for contax/sinar users if so.