The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sinar Hy6-65 Camera System (31 MPx) Announced

T

thsinar

For your information:

Sinar has announced today a new integrated MF digital camera system, the Sinar Hy6-65 (31 MPx) and a new camera + digital back, the Sinar Hy6 - s65r.

The main characteristics:

1. Sinar Hy6-65

- Fully Integrated MF camera system: with optimized communication between lens, camera body, digital engine, and software.

- On-Board image processing with internal "QuadCore Image Processing" (QCIP technology): First digital medium format cameras with completely integrated digital image processing on board.

- Future-oriented data storage: The high-speed data transfer of the Sinar Hy6 65 and Sinar Hy6-s65r allows for capturing images at fast capturing rates and storing them to CF card in RAW, DNG, and JPEG format or a combination of them .

JPEG images can be stored in four different file sizes and two compression rates. Thus, one is able to send low-resolution JPEGs to the art director or agency immediately after the shooting and process the selected high-resolution images later on.

- 3" bright display with 640 x 480 pixels (280 ppi), with automatic menu orientation, Images, histogram, sensitivity, on-board exposure warning, memory status, white balance.

- File size: 60 MB (DNG and Sinar RAW 16 bit), 181/90 MB (TIFF 48/24 bit)

- Capture rate: 1 image / sec.

- White Balance: Automatic, presets, manual.

- Data storage: High-Speed CF Card (4 GB UDMA CF card included),
alternatively also directly on hard disk via Firewire.

- Active cooling: ventilator.

- Power supply: one (two also possible) rechargeable lithium-ion battery 7.2 V, 2200 mAh.

- Operating time with battery: up to approx. 2000 exposures.

- Firewire interface: IEEE 1394b (800 Mbps, compatible with IEEE 1394a 400 Mbps).

- Capturing software: Sinar eXposure™ 6.1 or later.

- Operating systems: Mac OS X as of 10.4.11, Windows XP as of Service Pack 2, Windows Vista as of Service Pack 1.

- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

2. Sinar Hy6-s65r

- Same as above, but the camera digital back can be used on any other common MF camera with the corresponding adapter interface (Sinar m, Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II).

- Revolving Digital Back on the Sinar Hy6.

- Power supply: Two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries 7.2 V, 2200 mAh, for long-lasting operation.

- Live Video

- - Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

3. Sinarback eSprit 65

- Single MF digital back, 31 MPx.

- Technical features: same as described above.

- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008

Remarks:

- I have purposely not mentioned the ISO range of the above mentioned digital camera system and digital back, since I have no definitive information about it yet. I shall inform as soon I have it.

- Prices available at Photokina.

Here however some first images of these new products:

Last edited:

fotografz

WOW!

Now Sinar is talkin' my language :thumbs:

BEAUTIFUL !

Lots of questions, but we'll wait to see what questions others ask :)

Graham Mitchell

Hi Thierry, it looks as if the back colour scheme matches the camera now. Is that right?

There are some welcome new features here - will there be a similar Hy6-s54r and Hy6-s75r in time? Is there still built-in memory as with past backs? What does the image processor do exactly - just handling the JPEG conversions?

T

thsinar

hi Graham,

yes, we have "got" it (with your help and the poll on another forum)!

It seems that I have succeeded to convince that a camera is black, and even that accessories (back) are black, and that they should match.

:thumbup:

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry, it looks as if the back colour scheme matches the camera now. Is that right?

There are some welcome new features here - will there be a similar Hy6-s54r and Hy6-s75r in time? Is there still built-in memory as with past backs? What does the image processor do exactly - just handling the JPEG conversions?

T

thsinar

Graham,

- there is no longer an internal hard-state memory: it is all shooting on high-speed CF cards (or tethered with FW).

- The eMotion 54 LV and 75 LV will not be available with this new 3" display, there are no talks about it: the eMotion 54 LV has probably reached the end of its life cycle, and the eMotion 75 LV has already got an improved display with higher resolution recently (though not 3").

However, both backs, the eMotion 54 LV and the eMotion 75 LV are available as Sinar Hy6 "r" version (with revolving adapter).

- The image processor does on one hand handle the file format written internally (DNG or JPG), but it is my knowledge that it is also used to apply other parameters to the file: more when I have the information in detail.

Best regards,
Thierry

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm a little confused sorry but I have to ask. So the HY6-65 is a completely new body with a dedicated 65 back that is a all in one setup. Like a Hassy H31

Than a separate s65r back only that say i could use on my Mamiya . Same back different mounts

Than here is my real confusion espirit 65 single. Is this a single shot back that can use different mounts and the 65 back is a multi shot back. Could you explain that a little better in less technical terms. Sounds very interesting

Guy Mancuso

Next question would be are these crop sensors like the P30 Plus and H 31 with no micro lenses or with micro lenses. Dalsa or Kodak.

T

thsinar

Morning Guy,

You are not as much confused as I am!
:ROTFL:

Seriously, to answer:

- the Sinar Hy6 body is EXACTLY the same. Only the interface (which is fix and cannot accept adapters) and the communication (FW) of this "Sinar Hy6 - 65" are different.

- Yes, a separate eSprit 65 back, single shot, with this time possibility to adapt it to either the Sinar Hy6, called then Hy6 - s65r ("r" means with revolving adapter, the "s" stands for eSprit), or to the other branded platforms indicated in my post. This back is single shot only.

I hope I could clarify?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

I'm a little confused sorry but I have to ask. So the HY6-65 is a completely new body with a dedicated 65 back that is a all in one setup. Like a Hassy H31

Than a separate s65r back only that say i could use on my Mamiya . Same back different mounts

Than here is my real confusion espirit 65 single. Is this a single shot back that can use different mounts and the 65 back is a multi shot back. Could you explain that a little better in less technical terms. Sounds very interesting

T

thsinar

same sensor as the one used by others:

- Kodak KAF31600CE CCD with full-frame technology and microlenses
- 44x33mm

Best regards,
Thierry

Next question would be are these crop sensors like the P30 Plus and H 31 with no micro lenses or with micro lenses. Dalsa or Kodak.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Thierry that helped so same framing let's call it to simplify as the P30 and H31 framing and basically the same sensor but with added features and such. Sounds very promising. This is a hot area it seems the 31mpx sensor, glad to see Sinar jump in this area also, gives us yet another great option in the market. For the end user a pretty big battleground on the 31mpx area with hopefully great pricing to boot. Look forward to it

Guy Mancuso

Thierry when Press releases and such are available could you please post links to them. Thanks . Photokinia is looking pretty good this year

T

thsinar

you kill me, Billy!
:ROTFL:

seriously: I have no precise details yet, but I assume that it is somehow controlled by the internal FW.

Best regards,
Thierry

How is it different, Thierry?

T

thsinar

Yes, partly correct, Graham:

I have actually posted a little mistake in my post, but cannot edit to correct it anymore.

- The Sinar Hy6 - 65 writes either DNGs, JPGs or the 2 together, with 4 different sizes for the JPGs and 2 different compressions for the DNGs

- There is the option to have the Sinar RAWs (the .IA and .BR files) out of the eSprit 65 back, and thus out of the Sinar Hy6 - s65r system

Sorry if there is any confusion.

Best regards,
Thierry

So DNG now replaces IA and BR files straight from the camera?