The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

best L plate for mamiya DF ?

archivue

what's the best L plate for the DF ?

RRS ?

the arca ?

phase one ?

any other source ?

i will use it on a B2, an adapted 420, and probably a D4 all with the Classic screw !

Last edited:

archivue

i've just discover an other one... from arca : ref. 802305
to make shure that it will fit perfectly my arca clamps, i will probably go with it !

yaya

Note that for the DF's V-Grip Air we recommend the Phase One/ Mamiya L-bracket, as it fits perfectly between the grip and the body. I use it with an Arca-Swiss ballhead without any issues

kdphotography

RRS made the L-bracket for Phase One.

The RRS bracket for the DF body works great, absent the nice etched Phase One lettering. Leather wrist strap fits well using this bracket (same through RRS).

ken

archivue

ok YAIR, but then how do you shoot horizontal with the grip on ?
and there is something i don't understand... looking at the picture, it looks different to the phase/mam L grip !?

yaya

The V-Grip has 1/8" thread socket on the side to which you can attach a small Arc-type plate which comes with the L-Bracket