The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Article about HCam-B1 on BulbExposures.com

Stefan Steib

For people interested in Hcam-B1- there is a new article here:

http://www.bulbexposures.com/home/2011/10/13/out-there-with-the-hartblei-hcam-b1.html

I also use the P 45+ on my HCam-B1 (which I think is the perfect combination !) and we do now have a new Long time exposure radio remote Timer (100m range) with delays, series and exposures up to 9.99 Hours. Cost for that is 250,-€, can be used with any back and all existing HCam-B1 Bodies.

greetings from Munich
Stefan

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Looking very cool Stefan. I would still *really* appreciate getting one to review for folks here at GetDPI. I think it could prove a very viable alternative to a tech cam with superwides, and would like to have some of my own sample images to share with folks.

kdphotography

Guest house almost ready in Carmel. Open invitation to Stefan with Hcam B1 in hand. And Jack's only an hour away....

:D

Stefan Steib

I am already thinking...... ;-)
I have been in California in the winter already 3 times and I always loved it.
Maybe we can also do some kind of workshop for several people ?
I could also bring our HCam-B1-Vi with a Rodenstock Apo Digital 60mm and some Hartblei lenses in Canon and Nikon mounts......

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We could probably make that happen easy ;). But I want a day with the camera without a large group there -- a few others on day 1 are fine, but not a large group until day 2 so I get a chance to actually shoot it in some real situations!

PS: Both Ken and I need Mamiya-mount plates for our digital backs.

Stefan Steib

Hi Jack

Mamiya 645 mount is what I use too so no problem. Also if I would come then certainly not for 1 day, so I think you take the camera for 1-2 days at least while I do the tourist thing and let you shoot as much as you want.
I just have to find out when I can do this journey. Let me check tomorrow.

Greetings from Munich

Stefan

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Awesome Stefan, look forward to making this happen. For avoidance OR piggy-back purposes (!) please note we are planning a Death Valley Tech Cam workshop right now and trying to get our hotel and special vehicle reservations settled -- it will be the first or second week of February and we should know which by the end of the week.

kdphotography

Carmel, Big Sur and all along the central coast is ideal....

Guest house and studio in Carmel open for a workshop with the Hcam....

Stefan, you just might go back home to Germany with less baggage... :D

ken

Stefan Steib

I think I also should contact Chuck Westfall, maybe we get a bunch of Canon TS-E´s for the Workshop. In Germany we have this cooperation with Canon on the PCP Tour and the Canon Professional tour. OK - tomorrow I´ll try to phone some people........;-)

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just so you can plan accordingly, our Death Valley workshop will be held February 7th through the 12th.

Stefan Steib

OK - just for an update. Canon Germany has cancelled the yearly CPS tour 2011 , so I have some budget, preps hereby opened ! Maybe end of January would be a good time frame.....

If anybody is interested mail me, will coordinate as much as I can.
I would also like to bring my IR converted 5D MK2 with Zeiss Infrared glass(the 1,4/85 IR Planar will cover MF fully !), maybe we can also get Jim Taskett to give us an Achromatic plus for the HCam. I will try to get mounts for all backs for my demo cam(M645,Hassi H+V, Contax and Hy6), so people can bring their backs and shoot with the HCam too.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan