The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

danlindberg

Vieri, it's your images I was thinking about when I started the thread. I just couldn't remember where I saw it.....fantastic location and fantastic image. :)

tsjanik

Great idea Dan. I have one from a few years ago; my wife took a shot while I was setting up. I was on top of an ice mound, or "ice volcano" as they're called, on the shore of Lake Erie. I wanted an image of the flat frozen lake just as the sun set, clipping the cloud bottoms with red light. I was using a Pentax 67 and 45mm lens.

Tom

Tom, was your wife advised to take that shot by your insurance agent :) Blimey, it looks like one slip and it's all over! That sunset must look (more) amazing in print.

tsjanik

Tom, was your wife advised to take that shot by your insurance agent :) Blimey, it looks like one slip and it's all over! That sunset must look (more) amazing in print.
LOL. Maybe that's why she encouraged me to take this shot :D Not as dangerous as it may appear. You'll note that my tripod and I are nowhere near the edge and I was wearing shoeshoes with light crampons as well.
It does make a nice print; the colors got a bit funky in this jpeg conversion, at least on my laptop.

tsjanik

I love the idea of this thread, so in a humble attempt to keep it going, here's one from a few weeks ago. My wife took the shot of my set up with a K-5. She found it worth a laugh. The out-of-camera jpeg shows quite a DR for that sensor.
She got a good shot, I didn't - not the first time this has happened.

Tom

_IGP4705 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP5753 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

Shashin

Tom, you seem to have a pattern. You do know you can stand on the ground to take a picture. It seems like your wife goes for the entertainment value--be careful you don't end up on youtube.

Thanks for this.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I enjoy this thread ... great idea. I've started snapping an iPhone pic sometimes when shooting because of it.

PhaseOneDF/IQ180 with 45mm, 1/2 sec at f/22, 3 stop hard and 2 stop soft splitND filters

tsjanik

Tom, you seem to have a pattern. You do know you can stand on the ground to take a picture. It seems like your wife goes for the entertainment value--be careful you don't end up on youtube.

Thanks for this.
Good one Shashin. If my wife ever tells me she's starting videos, I'll keep the Youtube comment in mind.

Tom

D&A

I love the idea of this thread, so in a humble attempt to keep it going, here's one from a few weeks ago. My wife took the shot of my set up with a K-5. She found it worth a laugh. The out-of-camera jpeg shows quite a DR for that sensor.
She got a good shot, I didn't - not the first time this has happened.

Tom

_IGP4705 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP5753 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Wow Tom, look at that leg of your tripod. Looks like its foot is on the very edge of that picnic table. Both you and your camera certainly tempt fate :)

Great thread everyone!

Dave (D&A)

fotografz

Great idea for a thread! :) I posted one of these in the "show your tech camera" thread, but here it is again with the final pic that came out of this setup:

and the final image:

about 40 sec exposure, with a 3-stop ND right after sunset.
Incredibly beautiful!

-Marc

S

Shelby Lewis

Great thread... something a bit different, taken last semester for a school project:

Cheers! Shelby

Stefan Steib

Here is the Architecture shot that I have posted already sometime ago - leaf Aptus II 12 R on HCam-B1 with Canon TSE 17mm . We were in the second floor of this House on the opposite side of the very narrow street in Regensburg. The Camera as seen in the making of shots was moved downwards as we wanted to catch a full panorama of the street with 180 degrees (the HCam does "only" 126 degrees with one shot) so we added another 4 shots to the left the right up and down - 5 alltogether. The one seen here is the straight middle one which was straightened with the built in Arcbody grid screen and the Arca cube.

regards

Stefan

Last edited: