The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

vieri

Vieri, one thing I love (hate?) about your behind the scenes shots is that I miss my Noctilux :cry:
Graham, the Noctilux is the one lens that will have to be removed from my cold dead hands :) even if I no longer own a digital Leica, I keep loving it on my Nex 7... :D

Vieri, it's your images I was thinking about when I started the thread. I just couldn't remember where I saw it.....fantastic location and fantastic image. :)
Dan, thank you very much! Your landscape work is one of the main inspirations for me here on forum, I really appreciate your words :D

tsjanik

Here is the Architecture shot that I have posted already sometime ago - leaf Aptus II 12 R on HCam-B1 with Canon TSE 17mm . We were in the second floor of this House on the opposite side of the very narrow street in Regensburg. The Camera as seen in the making of shots was moved downwards as we wanted to catch a full panorama of the street with 180 degrees (the HCam does "only" 126 degrees with one shot) so we added another 4 shots to the left the right up and down - 5 alltogether. The one seen here is the straight middle one which was straightened with the built in Arcbody grid screen and the Arca cube.

regards

Stefan
Very impressive technical photo -- I hope someone was always holding the tripod:grin:

Stefan Steib

Janik

The owner was close, as you can see on the image - taking care of his baby.
He is an architecture Photographer and putting the camera to the weirdest places and positions, so he´s used to this.
Actually the positioning of the camera at funny and impossible places is his specialty............
We did some more stuff for testing his then new HCam and it was pretty good, he is using the system now for over 1 year.

Regards
Stefan

Sheldon N

So my daughter learned how to ride her bike without training wheels today. She did great, took off like a rocket with almost no help!

Of course, I had to get out the camera and get some actions shots, and what better choice than the Leaf Aptus/RZ67? :)

Leaf Aptus 22, RZ67 Pro II, 110mm f/2.8 W, ISO 25, f/4 1/250
Lighting from Elinchrom Quadra w/ Maxilite Reflector

danlindberg

The very first outing with a Schneider 28 XL. I wanted to push it around to try the lens limits and thus, no need to pay much attention to any artistic value of the image ;)
To make life difficult for the 28, I went 12mm left and 12mm right on the long side to produce a 2:1 pano. I used the centrefilter. In the example above I had f11 and focus on the rock to the left, around 4,5-5 metres away. Iso 25.

My observations are that vignetting is well controlled with the centrefilter and f11. However, it does get quite soft at the far ends, left and right. I believe you can even see the difference in sharpness in the webimage!

You can also clearly see a magenta area in the very centre of the image, but this is produced without any LCC, on purpose to illustrate how good/bad the combo SK28/Aptus 5 is. With LCC I believe the well documented colourcasts with this lens is no issue at all.

The lens is noticably more contrasty by default compared to my other Schneiders. A normal one-shot image with no movements is sharp out to the edges, but I do regard my 35 XL to render more to my taste. But, take that with a pinch of salt since it is the very first tryout and I need to use it in much varied light conditions to come to a more sober conclusion.

The focal length is awsome. For interiors it is just as perfect as it gets. Very wide, but still does not distort reality.

At the end of the day it is a moneymaking lens. More info to come about this lens as I get to know it more closely.......:)

danlindberg

To follow up the previous post. This shot was just a 100 metres further. If you look carefully you can see in the pano above the redish part of the rockwall on the other side of the pond. I am 1.65metres distance from that wall.

I have no centrefilter this time and f8 and still it shows no sign of vignetting. The image is remarkably sharp all the way out to the edges, here the lens is zeroed though.

I think this will be a wonderful lens when you learn its limits and always stay within these limits. I will eagerly make further tests......

etrump

The very first outing with a Schneider 28 XL. I wanted to push it around to try the lens limits and thus, no need to pay much attention to any artistic value of the image ;)
To make life difficult for the 28, I went 12mm left and 12mm right on the long side to produce a 2:1 pano. I used the centrefilter. In the example above I had f11 and focus on the rock to the left, around 4,5-5 metres away. Iso 25.

My observations are that vignetting is well controlled with the centrefilter and f11. However, it does get quite soft at the far ends, left and right. I believe you can even see the difference in sharpness in the webimage!

You can also clearly see a magenta area in the very centre of the image, but this is produced without any LCC, on purpose to illustrate how good/bad the combo SK28/Aptus 5 is. With LCC I believe the well documented colourcasts with this lens is no issue at all.

The lens is noticably more contrasty by default compared to my other Schneiders. A normal one-shot image with no movements is sharp out to the edges, but I do regard my 35 XL to render more to my taste. But, take that with a pinch of salt since it is the very first tryout and I need to use it in much varied light conditions to come to a more sober conclusion.

The focal length is awsome. For interiors it is just as perfect as it gets. Very wide, but still does not distort reality.

At the end of the day it is a moneymaking lens. More info to come about this lens as I get to know it more closely.......:)

Nice shot Dan, have you tried stopping down past f11 to see if the softness improves? I have found with the 32 sharpness at the edges of the IC improves substantially when stopped down.

Don Libby

During our last visit to White Sands National Monument

Phase One DF/P65+ Mamiya 120 processed using C1Pro and CS5 with a little Nik Software thrown in.

And this was taken by Sandy as I was taking the image.

Canon 1DsIII 24-70

danlindberg

Nice shot Dan, have you tried stopping down past f11 to see if the softness improves? I have found with the 32 sharpness at the edges of the IC improves substantially when stopped down.
Thanks :) No I have not gone past f11, but will ofcourse try that. I did a few standard oneshot horizontal with 10mm rise and the results were very good indeed. Promising!

Don Libby

Been having way too much fun with the Mamiya 120 macro lens. Here's a shot of a Katchina Doll I just finished shooting.

5-image stack

Don

yaya

Dunnerdale Forest nr. Broughton-in-Furness, the Lake District, Easter/ Passover 2012

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yair,

I knew that Leaf was a company that used the talents of young and enthusiastic product guys but I didn't realize quite HOW young you really were! ;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Point Roberts, a bit of the USA only reachable via Canada. Shooting some long exposures so my normally pretty Alpa isn't so pretty!

The scene:

Big Stopper & .9ND

Alpa STC, IQ160, SK 150, 1m 15s @ f/11, ISO 50. 13 stop ND

Last edited: