The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

proenca

Guys,

It has been a pure pleasure for me, a non MF guy, to watch this thread. Really cool to watch the "behind" the scenes of MF capturing - it has been a joy ! Keep this thread going MFD boys !

darr

Guys,

It has been a pure pleasure for me, a non MF guy, to watch this thread. Really cool to watch the "behind" the scenes of MF capturing - it has been a joy ! Keep this thread going MFD boys !
... and GIRLS!! :ROTFL:

dick

Girl Photographers

¿How many GIRLS are there here?

Most of you use names that do not indicate your sex.
We have a lot and damn nice to have them here too. :salute:
Do girls make better photographers?

Pre-conceptions might suggest that girls would be more artistic and less technical... but there are many girl engineers now.

¿Perhaps the average girl is less likely to hump about the 100's of kilos of kit I might want for location work?

jlm

Workshop Member
Originally Posted by dick:

"Most of you use names that do not indicate your sex."

and some do! ;)

Shashin

This could well be in "Fun with MF" thread. I was out on Pemaquid Point in Maine today and was playing with a B+W 4.0 ND filter. I think it has too much transmission in the IR as there is a big red/magenta shift--most of it has been corrected. The behind the scene shot is of the tripod because I only had one camera and the tripod is not even extended as it was for the image. Pentax 645D, 55mm, ISO 400, 1 minute, f/11.

Last edited:

Shashin

I was up at Height of the Land in Rangeley, Maine yesterday. The light was not great and so I tested and viewfinder cap I had made to keep stray light out of the camera for long exposures. Pentax 645d, 120mm Macro, 66 sec., f/5.6, B+W IR filter. The filter really cut through the haze.

rga

Setting:

Result:

Alpa MAX, 80mm Digitar SB, T/S apprx 1deg, Phase One P45+, f/22 @ 1 sec, ISO 50. 3 stitch portrait orientation pano with 15mm L/R shift, cropped.

Best,
Bob

gazwas

Sorry this is not the usual landscape image associated with this thread but I thought it might be of interest to someone especially the pyromaniacs amongst you....... :)

Arca Swiss M-Line 2, Rodenstock 90mm, Phase One P65+