The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Graham .

Looks interesting . I will have a look for that RRS accessory , knowing , it is hard to get here .

kdphotography

Using the RRS dovetails and clamps to swap heads works great. I followed Graham's lead and adapted my TVC-24 and Gitzo 5541LS last weekend following our tour of the RRS facilities. No more fumbling through drawers for the right allen wrenches or bits and parts of tripods. It makes swapping the Cube (or other heads) between tripods a snap.

Thank you Graham for helping me spend, er, invest my money....

:) ken

stephengilbert

The last few posts are infernal. Imagine Graham, Don, and Ken at Really Right Stuff. The over/under (betting line) is two hours.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Graham

I like your idea :thumbup:. I had a detailed look and even found an RRS dealer here in Germany .
For those , who are interested , here is the link .

Really Right Stuff B2 LLR II 80mm LR Schnellwechselklemme bei Augenblicke-eingefangen-Shop

They have listed both parts , but only one is in stock currently .
Prices are equivalent to the U.S. because they include all taxes .
Booked .:)
Graham

But miracles do happen .
Both RRS items are now available . My order is in process and I hope to get the RRS gear on Saturday . Very much looking forward .

Don Libby

Sandy took this

Canon 1DsIII 24-70

While I was doing this...

WRS/IQ160 HR40 2-shot 10mm left/right and slight downwards tilt.

Don

etrump

I've started shooting film panos and digital together these days because, well, heck I just enjoy shooting both!

I'll update with the results when I get home and my frostbite has recovered. I really don't miss changing 120 film in 22f with a howling wind ... sometimes digital is so much easier!

Btw, I normally only use my Lee Big Stopper for long exposures but this weekend I had to use it just to use IQ160 live view @ f/11 :eek:

How long are we going to have to wait to see this shot? :poke:

W

weldonbrewster

Here's a fun one from a couple of years ago I did for Holcim concrete. It's a beautiful day in downtown Minneapolis at -16F with a wind chill off the charts. My old Imacon back mounted on a Cambo Wide DS. Everything worked fine.

malmac

I like to contribute to the threads I really enjoy checking out on a regular basis - this thread, well this is the first time I have remembered and had a second camera with me.

Rainy morning and a cow with doleful eyes gazed my way.

Mal

Last edited:

tsjanik

Hooded mergansers. Edge 100% crop. Taken with a 645D + 1.4x + 600mm.
The 600 A* is manual focus, but I use my left hand to grasp the handle with my palm resting on the focus ring. The focus movement is so smooth that I can easy make adjustments with my palm in the postion shown.

_IGP9998 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP1352 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

Pemihan

Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah. Standing on top of a butte similar to the ones in the picture. Cambo WRS, SK35XL, Leaf Aptus II 7. Two vertical shots, stitched and slightly cropped.

My friend Chris shot the behind the scene pic, thanks... As you can see on my shirt it was very windy, it was quite a job to make the image, trying to prevent my hat to blow over the edge and about 700 feet down.