The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Holy moly! Gerald! Made me pucker :eek:
I puckered too and that was only when I visited the viewing floor of that building outside but behind glass. Gerald really must have cojones made of steel as I'm sure that thing had to be moving at that height.

I guess we can close the Behind the Scenes thread now.

:thumbup:
I think that someone needs a selfie from Branson's space vehicle now when it's back up and running.

dchew

Although I posted this image in my Wind River thread, I thought the background info would be fun here. Second day of multi-day backpacking, I had a plan to hike back to this pass at sunset to shoot Gannett Peak:

Since we were heading off-trail at this point, we set down the packs and explored for several hours. We were debating whether to climb Glover Peak, so we scouted out the route. In the process, we found this spot above an unnamed lake: 43°10'12.1"N 109°46'38.8"W. Thinking this would be a better view than the pass, I convinced my brother to haul our packs up here and set up the tent, despite the less wind protected location.

Here is the shot from that evening. Two-image stitch with the Rodi 90hrsw:

What's great about these technical cameras is they are relatively small and light. Everything fit in an F-Stop small-pro ICU. Loads of fun!

Last edited:

Don Libby

I'll admit to not visiting here lately but wanted to add a little something...

Recently upgraded my IQ160 to a IQ180 and took it out yesterday morning.

A Sony A7r taking a picture of a Phase One...

This is what the DF/IQ180 55LS ended up with...

don

Pemihan

In the Vermillion Cliffs overlooking Lee's Ferry and Marble Canyon.

Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, SK120 Aspheric - 9 vertical shots stiched.
Full print size is around 260 x 76 cm.

Don Libby

So what do you do if you have 16-small Papa Smurfs and 1-big fluffy one? Photo shoot! And to make it even more interesting do it with a tech camera. Most of the grunt work was done in C1-Pro 8.2 before sending it to Photoshop 2014 where I cloned out the background and added a couple other steps.

And the behind the scenes photos...

Cambo WRS and 80-megapixel IQ180 digital back along with a Rodenstock 40 HR mm lens with 5 degrees tilt all tethered to a Surface Pro 3 running Capture One Pro 8.2.

Just havin' some this morning....

don

malmac

My wife took this photo as I was standing and trying to shield the camera from waves breaking on the rocks behind m
e.

and here is the photo which I recently posted on the "fun with MF" thread.

Mal

beano_z

Some recent "behind the scenes" shots, though I'd post them all at once :grin:

The Hk Victoria Harbour one I've already posted in the "technical camera images" thread, I will post the others as well as soon as I'm done here.

WeChat_1443527434.jpeg

WeChat_1443527433.jpeg

WeChat_1443527431.jpeg

WeChat_1443527427.jpeg

danlindberg

Smallest bag I have can take the Alpa TC, Credo 60 and a lens. A couple of extra batteries and a ND filter. Perfectly enough...:eek:

And the behind shot...