The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

Abstraction

Just came across this thread. What great fun!

No crop, straight out of camera. I don't think I even played with contrast settings.

citizin

One from the other night. I ordered a new benro tripod because it was the deal of the day at b&h and I was testing it out.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Shooting Silo City in Buffalo and shot all the normal cliche'd locations so here's something I though might be 'different':

alatreille

Out last week on the North Shore of Vancouver looking back at a particular building in the heart of Downtown.
The 645z had the A300*F4 on it locating the building, and the Canon had the Pentax645 120 Macro on a shift adapter giving more of a context shot.

Here's the shot out of the Canon / Pentax 120Macro

alatreille

Here's the photograph that came out of the Pentax 645z a little later in the morning.
We had the A*300mm F4 attached to it.

Egor

My First BTS here :)

Billboard Campaign for sparkling wine product.
Credo80/SK120Macro/PCB Einsteins/Broncolor Boxlite40's....etc
These images are printed over 50feet wide!
This is one of multiple varieties for the manufacturer

SetUp FrontView:
IMG_7584.jpg

SetUp-Rear View:
DKR-2.jpg

Cream Siphon:
cream-siphon-rig-sm.jpg

On Monitor Neck/Cork splash for Prosecco:
splash-prosecco-on-monitor.jpg

Final Composite for Rosé:
rose-full-bottle-final-A.jpg

Egor

Here is another BTS of a very large art repro job for a major gallery and collection. (There were some NDA requirements so not allowed to name names)
It is by a very interesting artist named Dan Sayre Grosbeck who painted backdrops for all Cecil B. Demille movies in the early 20th Century.
This one is called "The Landing of Cabrillo"
The original is 14ft x 10ft, 25 feet up on a wall and weighs over 2500LBs (including gold leaf frame). It was painted in 1924 on plywood commissioned by the City of Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara Bank at the time.
There were many hurdles to getting this job done as the painting was 25 feet up on a wall, scaffolding had to be built and disassembled every morning...the giclée reproduction needed to be done on a single piece of canvas, The reproduction frame alone was over $50K...the entire front of the building would have to be removed to move the painting when swapped out for our reproduction. It was a big job.
Fortunately the client had deep pockets...very deep ;)
Final image below shows the original next to our completed reproduction at about 5AM about a month and a half after this capture work BTS

Credo-80 on SinarP2 SK120-ASPH
6-panel stitch 16bit
Every exposure for each panel was repeated for LCC and color checkers in all 4 corners to match
over 5 hours in middle of night to complete capture.

Attachments

Last edited:

PabloR

a few hours later... sylt 2014
portra 160
fujinon 125mm

( hope that i can afford my cfv50c soon , next will be an alpa 😉)

View attachment 119270View attachment 119271
Great picture

do you think you can get those colors with an cfv 50c?

i think it is not possible, but would like to know your opinion about. If you have scanned that portra sheet it means you know what you are looking for ( its my opinion )

this is my first post here in Getdpi, regards to all from Spain

Pablo