The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hi Graham,

Just wondering, why do you guys have this blue rubber band on your backs? Don't tell me it's colour coding so you can quickly grab the right one from all the digital backs your bringing on location :grin:
I wish ... :grin:

beano_z

Here's another one from a trip earlier this year to Vancouver, shot from the Burrard dry dock pier in North Vancouver

WeChat_1463222897.jpeg

The end result turned out something like this, I've done so many edits on this stitch I even forgot which one I went for in the end...

Vancouver Panorama Final Edit - 24-Aug-2016.jpg

I was even lucky enough to have this one as an honourable mention in the last issue of British Columbia magazine :p

WeChat_1480736133.jpegWeChat_1480736134.jpegWeChat_1480736135.jpeg

GrahamWelland

Binbin, beautiful city shot. Hmmm, the waterfall shot is outstanding! Jealous - now I need to shoot my own - thank you for the incentive. :grin: :thumbs:

(Initially thought that the waterfall shot was yours ...)

beano_z

Binbin, beautiful city shot. Hmmm, the waterfall shot is outstanding! Jealous - now I need to shoot my own - thank you for the incentive. :grin: :thumbs:

(Initially thought that the waterfall shot was yours ...)
Thanks Graham, actually me and a friend did go to that waterfall, but we deemed it too dangerous to shoot as the ground near it was actually just a canopy with 100m+ drops below, I do salute the guy who made that shot, a well deserved winner!

GrahamWelland

Thanks rGraham, actually me and a friend did go to that waterfall, but we deemed it too dangerous to shoot as the ground near it was actually just a canopy with 100m+ drops below, I do salute the guy who made that shot, a well deserved winner!
I've been there myself but not at the top. Always scary and questionable if it's worth it. I have pics of people nearing death but luckily, not skillfully, avoiding their ultimate shot/drop!

danlindberg

Familywalk yesterday and a snaphot behind-the-scene!

Brought a minimalistic setup in an Alpa TC, HR32 (with the lovely shade), Credo 60 and the tiniest Novoflex legs in existance. One bag and less than 2kg. Brilliant for what it can do :)
(Haven't looked at the Credo rawfiles yet)

Grayhand

So that really did look like this:

The 501CM is standing on my all time favorite: Gitzo GT5542LS
I drag that tripod with me everywhere I go!

And my wee camera bag:
B&W Outdoor Case type 61 with the carrying system.
Brilliant gadget!

I carry my Lee filters in a separate bag with the adapter ring for each camera system in its dedicated bag.
Just grab the camera bag you prefer at the moment and the Lee-bag, and of you go!

Together with the Gitzo, the final weight of this kit ends up at around 16-18 kilos.
So 6 to 10 km in rough terrain is possible with this.
But after that distance I often start to wonder if there really is no better things I could do with my life..

Ray

beano_z

Familywalk yesterday and a snaphot behind-the-scene!

Brought a minimalistic setup in an Alpa TC, HR32 (with the lovely shade), Credo 60 and the tiniest Novoflex legs in existance. One bag and less than 2kg. Brilliant for what it can do :)
(Haven't looked at the Credo rawfiles yet)

Hi Dan, I've been looking into that shade, however, I'd like to know whether you're using it with the centre filter or not? I need to use the centre filter for what I do, but couldn't figure out whether or not the shade will fit over that...

Graham, just because you can drive your truck on two wheels doesn't mean necessary that you should :) Might I suggest a rain cover?

There's a Contax and a P65+ buried in there

IMG_7138.jpg

Yosemite_Jan2016_015.jpg

kdphotography

You know, Graham, that setting would have been perfect for using your official unofficial Pigs prophylactic rain gear (aka Pigs/CI shower cap). :grin:

malmac

In far western Queensland where the trees thin out and the gibber plains start to exert their influence.

My wife caught me at my task.

It is not everyone's cup of tea - we like the open space.

It is out here where waiting for some creative cloud to appear can be futile without a satellite phone.

Mal
Australia