The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, just because you can drive your truck on two wheels doesn't mean necessary that you should :) Might I suggest a rain cover?

There's a Contax and a P65+ buried in there
Well, in full disclosure this was how it looked - two hand towels to keep off the snow and dry the camera between shots. Snow fall was as bad as in your image.

Attachments

Well, in full disclosure this was how it looked - two hand towels to keep off the snow and dry the camera between shots. Snow fall was as bad as in your image.
I figured there was something like that. The images I took were also from Yosemite. There's something special about that place in a good winter storm. I might be biased from reading the stories in "The Wild Muir" many years ago. http://www.yosemiteconservancystore...uir-22-of-john-muir-s-greatest-adventures.htm

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The one thing that I will do differently in the future is put a line of gaffers tape over the join between the VF and the body as water wants to creep in there and when I disassembled and dried everything that was the one place where a little water had crept in albeit outside of the VF.

The secret is to regularly dab the body / lens etc with a towel to avoid letting water slip into any crevices.

Shashin

I have a microfiber towel (you should always have a towel with you) that not only is absorbent and dries quickly, but can be wrung out very effectively. It is also gentle on the gear.

stevenfr

A spring shoot on Vancouver Island using a Phase One XF IQ3 100 with the SK 100mm lens and Indiana Jones (Indy the dog)

kdphotography

I'm jealous of your dog, Steven. I never had a dog that would be able to sit patiently while I photographed a scene. My dog would be the one romping through the brush, and when in groups, giving everyone that surprise sniff from behind...:rolleyes:

danlindberg

Thank you, Dan.

Are you sure the camera is level? :)
Yep! The Alpa circular bubble on top is spot on. Bumpy ground though....:)

Hi Dan, I've been looking into that shade, however, I'd like to know whether you're using it with the centre filter or not? I need to use the centre filter for what I do, but couldn't figure out whether or not the shade will fit over that...
Sorry for late answer Beano! I don't use and feel the need for CF with HR32, so I cannot answer. But the shade was an improvement in contrast no matter scene. Love it!

I like the color version :cool:

--Matt
My wife said the same, so I might have to reconsider :eek:

danlindberg

Sierra Las Nieves, the nature reserve that is around the corner from where I live. I go here often and yet there are always new images to be found.

David Zidlicky

Dear Friends,

this is my first post here, BTS taken on my favorite location - Tugendhat House by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
Im working on a long term documentary project in this house.

Withal its my last shoot with my Cambo WRS, which I want to say a big THANK YOU! For a good work!

Last week I went to Zürich and You all know how it could have happened.

Im grateful to my old Cambo and very very happy with my new Alpa!

You can see a portrait of my Cambo in front of the Onyx Wall and the scene - living space in Tugendhat House with famous Barcelona and Tugendhat chairs. PP - on location, this is not the final image.

IMG_4974.jpgCF044271_tug.jpg

All the Best to You!

David Zidlicky

GregMO

Behind the scenes last week photographing the Italian Embassy's Ceremonial Door in Washington, DC for my Doors in the District project.

5x7 Cambo view camera
150mm Schneider lens
Kodak Ektar film

IMG_20170217_142625.jpgIMG_20170217_142922.jpg

beano_z

Some BTS shots straight out of the phone from our trip to Larung Gar two weeks ago, will post the final shots in the tech cam or fun with medium format threads.