The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock Helicals compatible with Cambo WRS and Rodenstock

Ztacir

Hello all,It's my first thread and post here.I must say I enjoy and benefit greatly from every thread that you guys post.
I have just upgraded from 35 mm to MF system.I have a Cambo W-RS with Rodenstock 23 mm,40 mm(tilt&swing) and 70 mm(tilt&swing) lenses which I love all.I need couple of suggestions from more experieced MF users:
1)Can I use Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock with my system?
2)Do I need center filters for my lenses and any recommendation ?
3)Do I need lens hoods ?

I really appreciate your help and wish the best shots for you guys.
Hope to ppst my shots soon.
Ziya Tacir

etrump

Wow, nice kit and great choice of glass.

Strongly suggest the CF for the 23mm, others probably ok with just LCC.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hello all,It's my first thread and post here.I must say I enjoy and benefit greatly from every thread that you guys post.
I have just upgraded from 35 mm to MF system.I have a Cambo W-RS with Rodenstock 23 mm,40 mm(tilt&swing) and 70 mm(tilt&swing) lenses which I love all.I need couple of suggestions from more experieced MF users:
1)Can I use Alpa Hpf ring for Rodenstock with my system?
2)Do I need center filters for my lenses and any recommendation ?
3)Do I need lens hoods ?

I really appreciate your help and wish the best shots for you guys.
Hope to ppst my shots soon.
Ziya Tacir
Hi Ziya

Great to see you here. I agree with Ed although I did pretty good without the CF on my 160 the 180 though might be best to have it. That 23mm is one sweet lens . The 40mm does not need a CF nor the 70

On the Alpa rings I am not sure on the rings for the Rodenstock.

Lens hood for the 23mm is almost impossible and may not help much since it would be so wide and not cutoff any sun.

Look at the show me your tech cam thread as there are some shades that you can use with the Cambo