The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ha! I'm one of you now :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Woohoo! Welcome Daniel and ignore the peanut gallery who'll all be leading you in to deeper temptation. Especially that Guy fella! He'll cost you a fortune before you know it. :ROTFL:

Seriously though, welcome to the party and enjoy all that rich medium format digital goodness that your ZD will deliver. You'll have to share your IQ180 experiences in about a year after the bottomless pit of MF image quality has sucked you in ;) (I forgot who mentioned it but yes, the ZD just may be a gateway drug ...)

lowep

Mamiya 645 w 80 f/2.8 and 120/220 back + Mamiya ZD Digital Back

Very effective combo if you have enough discipline and patience to switch between digital and film back depending on what works best in any given lighting situation ie ZD for 100iso and film for everything else. Most of us on this forum don't have that.

Steve Hendrix

Mamiya 645 w 80 f/2.8 and 120/220 back + Mamiya ZD Digital Back

Very effective combo if you have enough discipline and patience to switch between digital and film back depending on what works best in any given lighting situation ie ZD for 100iso and film for everything else. Most of us on this forum don't have that.

You mean discipline and patience? :rolleyes:

Steve Hendrix

Haha. Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Two quick ?s -

1) I've seen a couple of things on the internets that you can use the DP400 battery in the ZD Back -
http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-DLM400...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320186567&sr=1-2
Same one that the k10d uses - $18 vs. $200 for the Mamiya. Seems like a good call.

2) CF Cards. I'm currently using 16 GB San Disk Extremes with my d700. I'm assuming they prob won't work so well in the back?
I should prob pick up some 4 GBs.

3)RAW conversion...currently using lightroom. Should I look into C1?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Two quick ?s -

1) I've seen a couple of things on the internets that you can use the DP400 battery in the ZD Back -
http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-DLM400...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320186567&sr=1-2
Same one that the k10d uses - $18 vs. $200 for the Mamiya. Seems like a good call.

2) CF Cards. I'm currently using 16 GB San Disk Extremes with my d700. I'm assuming they prob won't work so well in the back?

On 2 probably the Extremes will not work at all. Need to go back to some older cards and yes I think 4gb was the limit.

On 3 NO QUESTION

homeiss

Two quick ?s -

Congrats on the new system!

1) I would be too scared to try that battery in my ZD back.

2) I use a Sandisk Ultra 8GB card in my ZD (non double buffer model). Give your 16GB Sandisk card a shot, I'd say...

3) I would at least try C1, you might like it. :)