The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Hasselblad Trade In Offer

Hi Getdpi,

Sorry for the sales orientated post, but this follows on from the rather heated H4X thread.

Anticipating that our current H3D and H4D owners would also like something nice for Christmas, we are pleased to announce a time limited offer on our upgrade program.

We would like to offer any Hasselblad or other medium format owner a special deal: We have reduced the current prices on our trade-in programme, meaning a saving of up to €6,400 against today's current prices.

So those of you who were interested in adding True Focus functionality to equipment prior to the H4D then this is a much better cost to benefit proposition.

Not only will the H4D give you access to True focus, but the additional new features of the higher resolution display, one click focus check, rear display info (top LCD info displayed on the rear). Not to mention owning a complete new camera.

Full details available from your Hasselblad dealer. Don't delay as this offer is only until the end of the year. (Period 2nd November to 31st December).

David.

(cross posted on Luminous Landscape)

johnnygoesdigital

Thanks David,

As to be expected, Hasselblad has tailored its new announcement to suit most Hasselblad owners. Perhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks David,

As to be expected, Hasselblad has tailored its new announcement to suit most Hasselblad owners. Perhaps this will keep the rhetoric to a minimum...or not.
Was this really needed , come on. You want rhetoric to end than stop posting to entice it. Its really pretty simple.

sflxn

David, can you explain the offer a little more for H4D owners? What would they trade in for? A higher resolution H4D? A switch to the H4X? I know you want us to talk to our dealers but you mentioned this deal being for H3D and H4D owners, and I'm just trying to understand the offer.

[update] Nevermind. Talked to a dealer and got the answer. :)

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Guy,

There's no need to respond, but you always read so much more into my comments then what is intended. My intention was to give David Grover a friendly back up, considering some of the roughing up he took in the previous thread, which you yourself said should have been stopped. My comment was in relation to a previous one, when I mentioned Hasselblad would adjust its upgrade offering to suit those most put off by their recent upgrade announcement.

To David Grover, I absolutely meant no disrespect.

hcubell

David Grover:
Does the electronic spirit level from the H4d-60 work in the viewfinder of the H4X, or is it disabled because you need the Hassy back to calibrate it?
Thanks, Howard

jlm

Workshop Member
David:

out of curiosity, when I had my H39, I recall there was a non-functional menu item on the back that had something to do with auto-horizon. any comment on what that was all about?

I don't recall there being any Auto Horizon feature on the H3D39. The component inside wasn't as finite as the True Focus ones and was only there to rotate automatically the images for Portrait and Landscape.

There is a function that allowed you to lock this to 0, 90, 270... etc degrees for copy work. Could that have been it?

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Warning: lets stop the enticing comments and added sales pitches folks. I had to do some editing this morning and frankly I'm not exactly happy wasting my time on this. Anyone have a issue than PM ME.