The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thank you Lance!

• Thread starter carbonmetrictree
  • Start date
C

carbonmetrictree

First off, I would like to thank Lance at Capture Integration for the top notch service he has given me throughout these past few weeks. He helped me get together a MFDB package that included a used low actuation P45+, Phase 645, and an Alpa 12Max all in an extremely short notice. I am recommending CI to everyone because of how great of an experience I have had with this company.

The P45+ and Phase 645 just came in this morning, I was so excited that I accidentally cut a finger with a knife I was using to open the box :ROTFL:

I thought that the 645 was going to be a moderately built camera, but I was wrong. Just gripping the thing felt very sturdy, nothing felt like plastic. I was very impressed to see how secure the camera felt with the P45+ attached. I was always a Hasselblad 503CW guy, but I've personally come to enjoy handling this camera much more because of the ergonomics and high tolerances of the parts. The shutter sounds extremely crisp and smooth, similar to the Canon 1dsMk3's silent shutter mode.

I'm in a totally new world of equipment now, I've sold my 503CW and all of my Canon gear (except for the body). I felt that it was time to explore something entirely new, I love studying technology and this was a good decision to acquire new knowledge. I'll be getting the Alpa Max, HPRC 2550 and 3500 cases in shortly. After everything settles down, I'll take some pictures of the gear for you guys to see. There are an endless amount of configurations for cases, so I hope it will help to see how I've packed everything up.

Thank you to everyone that helped to answer the questions I had about the equipment, glad to have met all of you! :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the MF world Andrew! I know *exactly* how you feel about that back, the new Phase camera, and the service from Lance and Capture Integration!

Cheers,

B

bdeshazer

Congrats, hopefully that means my Phase Body and back will arrive from CI this week as well, these Mamiya lenses in my studio are just setting here waiting and I need to get my Canon gear up for sale.

Lances brings a new level of service to the table. He's returned several phone calls to me while he's on vacation. He knows how to make things happen for you! Always a low pressure and guy, he gives you the chance the best decision for what you need. He arranged for me have an Imacon back and a Phase back for a weekend to help me make my decision.
:salute:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
WELL I simply can't argue anyones point. LOL

He has done wonders for me , my partner Jack and all my friends that went Phase. Not to mention great for the forum and workshops. And next week he will work his butt off at the lighting workshop along with Doug.

C

carbonmetrictree

Certainly the best service I have been ever given, it's very tough to find people that are dedicated on both their business and client relationship ends.

I'll be phoning him again for the millionth time tomorrow. I just ordered my stuff not too long ago, I'm hoping I will be eligible for the 45mm TS and 120mm Macro since I purchased it in September. :D

Here's some test shots I took today in downtown Los Angeles around the Caltrans building with the Phase 645 and 80mm lens with a P45+ that Lance shipped to me this Saturday. The zoomed in images are 100% crops.

Last edited:

Mammy645

I agree, Mamiya makes rock sturdy and reliable equipment that just works and works. Congrats on your purchase and nice photos.

C

carbonmetrictree

LOL, I'm sure if he didn't buy you lunch, he was busy getting the next guys order ready.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Did you buy me a beer in PR??? Sheesh, does it count if I can't remember?

And there were those cable ties, so my bad and I am sorry!

:)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cable ties???? Okay i have memory issues. Seriously lance does take good care of all of us. Great friend and just don't tell him you have any money in your pocket. He will spend it, he is actually better at spending your money than me. Now that is scary

C

carbonmetrictree

LOL, next time I'll ask Lance when I need to purchase my next car. :ROTFL:

Cable ties???? Okay i have memory issues. Seriously lance does take good care of all of us. Great friend and just don't tell him you have any money in your pocket. He will spend it, he is actually better at spending your money than me. Now that is scary