The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about 90 degree prism for Hy6/Afi

Loc Pham

This might seem like a dumb question but I just receive my 90 degree finder from DHW and it seems to be pretty off. When it is set to "0", the image through the finder is very off focus. I have to turn it to about -3.6 to get the image in focus. This doesn't seem correct to me. Any feedback would be appreciated since I hate having to send it all the way back to DHW and have to wait another two weeks before receiving another one.

Thanks,

Loc

Loc Pham

When it is set to -3.6 it seems to work fine. My concern is that since I paid for what is a not-cheap finder, I want to make sure that I'm getting one in proper working order. Especially in the case that I ever want to sell it, I won't be able to because it's somewhat defective of if someone actually need it adjusted -2 or -3 but can't because it's already dialed near the max just to get to what I would think to be zero.

Graham Mitchell

I want to make sure that I'm getting one in proper working order.
Yes, understood. If you're sure that you don't need anything like a 3.6 diopter then I would definitely contact DHW and see what they say. Perhaps something is out of alignment.

Sorry, I only have the 45 finder which doesn't have an adjustable diopter so I can't be of much help.