The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

workaround for using leaf capture lcc files in capture one?

gebseng

Hi everyone,

I finally upgraded from my ancient Leaf Valeo 22wi to a slightly less antique Leaf Aptus 75S, very happy with the results so far! (I almost exclusively shoot tethered with a linhof techno view camera, the Digitar 35XL and a 13" macbook pro)

One of the main reasons for buying the new back was being able to edit the Aptus 75S .MOS files in capture one, which is just not possible with the Valeo files. Even though I obsessively ressearched my future workflow with the 75S and C1 6, one little detail slipped my attention: it is not possible to use lcc calibration shots that have been captured with Leaf Capture for doing file calibration in Capture One! (see also this thread: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=363981&postcount=8 )

But I would really prefer a workflow where I can shoot tethered in LC (in C1, the live view is limited for the 75S, the lighness slider is greyed out, the frame rate is lower and the 100% preview quite pixellated, harder to focus. In general LC is more responsive with the 75S when it comes to live view and capture), but then match the lcc files in C1 (here I can see a preview of the result, also can uncheck dust removal and collor cast separately)

does anyone know a woraround for this?

all answers are highly appreciated,

thanks,

geb

yaya

Might not be ideal but you can shoot into LC and use the lens calibration function while tethered. see this link

This allows you to see before/ after the correction. Another option is to load the calibration file(s) into the back so the RAW files come in already corrected.

Then you can disable the Leaf (and Mamiya) drivers in Capture One's preferences and have C1's Hotfolder function enabled. This will allow you to use all the adjustment tools including vignetting

So you use LC for Live View and for capture and do the rest in Capture One

Hope this makes sense?

gebseng

thanks yair for the swift reply!

Another option is to load the calibration file(s) into the back so the RAW files come in already corrected.
this refers to the newer aptus backs with the firmware introduced in LC 11.5., and will not work with an Aptus 75S, right?

best,

geb

yaya

thanks yair for the swift reply!

this refers to the newer aptus backs with the firmware introduced in LC 11.5., and will not work with an Aptus 75S, right?

best,

geb
This works with any Leaf back actually, including the Valeo:

The below is from the LC help guide:

Loading a lens calibration file: Loading a lens calibration file to apply lens calibration to shots you take when shooting tethered.
  • You must be connected to your digital back in order to load a lens calibration file.
  • In the Camera menu, select Lens Calibration > Load. The Load Lens Calibration dialog box appears.
  • Select Use Factory Default to use the factory lens calibration file, or select Use Lens Calibration File and select the file you want to use.
If using a custom lens calibration file, adjust the fall off by typing the desired correction percentage in the % Falloff Correction box.
  • Click OK.

The lens calibration file is uploaded to your Leaf back. The lens calibration is applied to all subsequent shots while you shoot tethered, or until you upload another lens calibration file.

When you are using a lens calibration file other than the factory file, the following icon appears in the status bar