The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New H4D40 / H4D50 Firmware

bigfish007

So you are up and running now?

Don't worry about if the computer sees the camera or not, which is why I said NOT to run Phocus.

D
David, the camera gave me no option other than "insert the firewire" after I inserted the card. No "OK" to install, nothing, just insert firewire command. Unless I did something wrong. I'm guessing I need R361. The camera definitely new I wanted to update the firmware from the card. Anything else I could try?

Richard

bigfish007

So you are up and running now?

Don't worry about if the computer sees the camera or not, which is why I said NOT to run Phocus.

D
David I did not have Phocus running. I talked to tech/support he thinks my download may have had a problem. He said I should not need to install R361. I'll try downloading a new R365 file and see if that helps. If that doesn't work then he will email me the R361 firmware. It's something simple going wrong. Let you know how it goes tomorrow. Thanks for the responces, appreciate it.

Richard

bigfish007

No problem,

Let me know how it goes!

Also, is your firewire powered? i.e.Mac?
That might be an issue. Running PC, going from 9 pin to 6 pin takes it from essentially a 1394b to a 1394a connection. I just ordered a new 9pin pci card. I needed to change this anyway. I was able to update the body and viewfinder without a problem though. The tech at hasselblad didn't think is was the problem. Who knows? I'll post my fix when I get it worked out. Maybe I will eventually need a powered repeater!

Richard

Hi Richard,

The CF card method relies on you having power to the FireWire. So yes it would be a problem there.

What order did you try and do the update?

Body>VF>Back possibly?

Well worth getting the PCI card.

bigfish007

Hi Richard,

The CF card method relies on you having power to the FireWire. So yes it would be a problem there.

What order did you try and do the update?

Body>VF>Back possibly?

Well worth getting the PCI card.
Viewfinder, then body, everything went buy the numbers, not a single issue. I redownloaded the R365 firmware, and retried the update, same result. When I pluged in the firewire after I inserted the card, the computer recognized the camera. So it's probably the firewire power connection issue. Gives me and excuse to update my firewire card. Should be here probably friday. Absolutely loving the H4D-40.

Richard

bigfish007

David,
Installed PCI card (9 pin) and updated to R365 no problems. Just need some shortcuts for a few of the new features like level, focus check, etc, or where to find them.

The new screen resolution is better but it wasn't bad to start with IMO. Lightyears ahead of my ZD though.
Richard

Hey Richard,

Have a look at this month's bulletin tips..

hasselbladbulletin.com

Some help on the new features there.

Also, don't forget that the AEL, True Focus, Mirror UP and Stop down buttons can all be configured to activate those features.

Press Menu (on the camera grip)>then the button you wish to program (i.e. AE-L), then scroll to the feature you want> Press save.

For example, when using the HTS, I find it helpful to put the mirror lock up on the rear of the camera, AE-L button.

D