The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Grey" Hasselblad for sale

emendoz1

Hello, I was wondering what the "Grey" means when advertising a camera for sale?

I have seen some Hasselblads for sale with the words "Grey" after the name.

Thanks

Ed

emendoz1

Thanks very much. Does anyone know if a grey market camera can be sent to a US company for repairs or service with out any issues?

Ed

emendoz1

Just so no one tries too hard to figure this out. I called the seller and simply asked them what the "grey" meant and they're response was so simple I overlooked it. It is the color of the Hasselblad body! Imagine that.

Ed

mathomas

Heh. I almost made a joke to that effect when I saw your original posting. "Too obvious", I thought! :).

Dustbak

You guys, are sure it is a Hasselblad body and not the Fuji equivalent of the H? (which are the same as the HB but dark grey and come with Fuji on them instead of Hasselblad).

Never mind, It just might have been some totally different HB body. Nowhere a H has been mentioned. Goes to show how much we all tend to see stuff through our own perspective...

emendoz1

Hi Dustbak, I actually called the company in Canada and they confirmed it was a Hasselblad and grey was the color. After talking a bit I also found out it was the body only and not anything else. It seemed like a good price until he said that to me.

Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Ed