The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Waiting To receive MY First MFD Camera

djonesii

Workshop Member
S

I STRONGLY urge you to upgrade to the latest lightroom if you decide to stay with adobe... image quality, sharpening, and noise reduction are all top notch in the newer version. In some ways, I find it easier than C1, but C1 definitely has the special sauce when it comes to digital backs. My prob is that I've used adobe products for so long that I can get my files to look better out of LR, generally, with less effort than with C1 due to my personal long history with adobe products.
+1 on the secret sauce in C1 for MFDB!

For me, I use a hybrid flow for the Nikon and Panasonic, Lightroom, and the P30+ C1 for most of the image processing usually including final output. I spit out the jpegs, and then add them to my non DB files, select in one of the myriad of ways possible in LR, then do some final processing.

Generally, I like the early part of the C1 flow better than LR, but for that last little polish to avoid opening Photoshop for a pimple or simple clone, I like LR better. That said, C1 seems to get it a bit more right with every release.

Dave

rollsman44

I was very appreciative of Doug from CI for his suggestions and his help.
I did contact someone fron Leaf about getting an OLDER version to work with my Antiquated Power Mac( G5) sysyem. I hope he can locate an older version so I can use my system. I did not realize that I needed certain requirements to use a GOOD software with the Leas Aptus 22 back. Is there a Reasonable system ( hardware or software that I can purchase that will allow me to use C1 software? I appreciate any suggestions and NOT break the bank in trying to accomplish this. rollsman

Steve Hendrix

I was very appreciative of Doug from CI for his suggestions and his help.
I did contact someone fron Leaf about getting an OLDER version to work with my Antiquated Power Mac( G5) sysyem. I hope he can locate an older version so I can use my system. I did not realize that I needed certain requirements to use a GOOD software with the Leas Aptus 22 back. Is there a Reasonable system ( hardware or software that I can purchase that will allow me to use C1 software? I appreciate any suggestions and NOT break the bank in trying to accomplish this. rollsman

I am sure an older version of Leaf Capture that is more G-5 friendly can be arranged, however you're on the right path with regard to looking toward Capture One instead.

I just recently sold my Intel 2 Duo-based iMac for $850, and it ran Capture One quite well. Other than perhaps utilizing a powered firewire hub for solid tethering, just make sure - whether it's a few years old iMac/MacBook Pro - that you have at least 4GB RAM, 7200 RPM HD with plenty of space, and this will suffice (though a souped up Mac Pro would be ideal, but of course several times the cost).

And just to clarify - for file compatibility and tethered support, Capture One Pro would be required for an original Aptus (Aptus or Aptus-S). Live Preview is also supported, but not with the Mamiya AFD-II (nor the AFD-III/DF I believe). However, Live Preview is supported if used on a view camera, for example.

Steve Hendrix

mediumcool

I just recently sold my Intel 2 Duo-based iMac for $850, and it ran Capture One quite well. Other than perhaps utilizing a powered firewire hub for solid tethering, just make sure - whether it's a few years old iMac/MacBook Pro - that you have at least 4GB RAM, 7200 RPM HD with plenty of space, and this will suffice (though a souped up Mac Pro would be ideal, but of course several times the cost).

Steve Hendrix
+1

Used Macs have become much cheaper over recent years, and older iMacs, minis and MacBooks/MacBook Pros can be found quite inexpensively. I run C1 on a 13" MBP C2D2.4 (8GB) and a C2D3.06 iMac (also 8GB); it’s reasonably fast on both.

I also ran Leaf Capture on a 6-year-old MBP (Core Duo 1.83) with 10.4.11 with good results for a while. I’ll be selling that unit soon for between $200 and $300 (not spruiking, just showing the price range possible).