The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who knows about imacon 132c

S

simon shields

I have just purchased the imacon 132c to go on my Hassy 503cx. I am trying to find some information on the back and even some cool movies or even images of people using and images taken with this setup. i.e. 503cx and 132c...

i havent received the back but i am super excited.

I shoot with profoto lighting in the studio and on location so i am trying to get my head around what cables and setup i need to wirelessly use my triggers etc.

would love to see some pics or a vid of this type of v series set-up.

thanks troops

Simon :D

Hey Simon!

Congrats on your purchase. ;)

Imacon was my 'old' company before we merged with Hasselblad.

The 132 is a really solid performer.

To wirelessly use your flash, you just need to get the flash sync output on the lens to your Pocket Wizard / Whatever trigger you are using.

If you don't want the Pocket Wizard dangling about there is a hotshoe adapter which fits on the side of the 503, which you could then mount the PW on.

Make sure on the 132C you have it set to the V system.. i.e. 503 or flash sync in the camera menu. Maybe when you have the kit, it is easier to talk you through it. ;)

David

FromJapan

I used a 132C for some time. It is an excellent performer, and very stable in use. But, I hope you do not live in a humid environment. I went to India for three months (not during the monsoon!), and the back had to be sent to Denmark for cleaning. I had no problems with my other equipment which included six lenses and a Betterlight back. All the equipment was stored properly, with lots of silica-gel. The Japanese distributor wanted to charge an exorbitant amount for the cleaning, but David helped me to get an RMA and I ended up paying the same amount as the US and Europe.

This is not an isolated problem. It is well-documented, and unfortunately, I did not research it before buying.

If you live in a dry area, you will be very happy with this back. And David is great at helping out!

Kumar

S

simon shields

Thanks for that David. I will probably be swinging some questions your way when the back arrives if thats ok :)

I am in Australia so i dont think ill have to many problems with Humidity. Is this a common problem with the back or just an unlucky customer???

know of any photo's taken with this setup or photo;s or videos of the setup.

thanks heaps really appreciate it

Simon

S

simon shields

thats a bit of a worry. as i havent been able to inspect the back as its being sent from a member on here from LA so hope that hasnt happened there. fingers crossed.

wow you have scared me now mate.

FromJapan

Well, if he's a member, you have no worries. In my experience, people here are honest about describing stuff. You should simply take care in future.

Kumar

Jeffg53

Simon, I live 500 metres from a beach in Sydney. I store my gear in a dehumidifier cabinet. They are a really cheap investment to avoid seeing fungus on your gear.