The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One DF current version

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Do you mean Firmware? 1.25 is the highest publicly available firmware.

You can tell your firmware version by changing the main mode selector to "CF" and selecting custom function 99.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

kdphotography

The last time I updated my Phase DF body was with you, Doug--- version 1.21.

Is there anything worthwhile/major going to version 1.25?? Or can it wait until CI comes to Carmel? :D

ken

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
We had to upgrade to 1.25 to use the new Schneider LS 150mm. I don't know about other improvements other than it makes me loathe my DF body just a little less than before when it still locks up on MUP/timer or cable release. :D

The release notes say:

Firmware version 1.25 is a service release and only corrects a minor issue where the 645DF camera (set to half steps) would skip f/4 setting on the new Phase One 150mmLS.

Fixes included if you update from firmware older than 1.23:
1. Host capture from Capture One was not possible when using C1, C2 or C3.
2. The Phase One 645DF would at very rare occasions freeze on f/1 (removing the lens and putting it back on would correct the issue)
3. Improved flash timing when using fast flash generators and fast shutter speeds.
4. Improved stability when working with manual focus lenses and mirror up.
5. Auto focus occurred between each capture when using bracketing and autofocus was moved to the AEL button​

Last edited:

kdphotography

We had to upgrade to 1.25 to use the new Schneider LS 150mm.....
You know, Graham, there are certain gear sluts here that could interpret that statement to mean "you must purchase the Schneider 150mm LS first in order to upgrade your DF firmware."

:ROTFL:

Very tricky. I'm holding onto my 150mm D really tight, although use of the faster flash sync of LS lenses did come in handy last week, ala 110mm LS. :)

Btw, good idea to check CF-19 on your AF preferences after firmware updates. Last firmware update for me (1.21) changed my preferences to "speed" from "more accurate." CF-19 selection "1" is now "more accurate."

In retrospect, buying that new Schneider 150mm LS to update my DF firmware might be worthwhile, if as Don Libby claims, if "makes your skin wrinkle free and makes you feel slightly taller." Hmmm, slightly taller---I feel like I might have to buy myself another new RRS tripod too... :D

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You know, Graham, there are certain gear sluts here that could interpret that statement to mean "you must purchase the Schneider 150mm LS first in order to upgrade your DF firmware."

Indeed. It was only a loaner, honest, and so far I've resisted. So far. :ROTFL:

Btw, I'm waiting for the IQ firmware update that allows me to forget about CF-xx ever again, just like I thought I'd done with my P40+. :eek:

goesbang

I'm not sure who's the enabler here, but I have had the 150LS for a bit over a week. My 150D has a new home in Abu Dhabi.
I am very, very happy with my new toy, er, I mean the new asset in my equipment locker. The size/weight/balance is delightful and the few images I've shot have been up to my expectations.

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have a V grip if anyone close by wants to update there firmware. Cost one bag of popcorn with butter. Oh wait that is another thread. ROTFLMAO

kdphotography

I'm not sure who's the enabler here, but I have had the 150LS for a bit over a week. My 150D has a new home in Abu Dhabi.
I am very, very happy with my new toy, er, I mean the new asset in my equipment locker. The size/weight/balance is delightful and the few images I've shot have been up to my expectations.

Cheers,
Damn, Bryan. That is the most expensive 645DF firmware upgrade method to date...

Don's headed back to the Phase DF. The size/weight of the 150LS is calling his name.... Please let him know how delightful its been.... :D

Don Libby

Damn, Bryan. That is the most expensive 645DF firmware upgrade method to date...

Don's headed back to the Phase DF. The size/weight of the 150LS is calling his name.... Please let him know how delightful its been.... :D
Thanks Ken I guess the news is out. I've decided to go back 100% MF using the P65+ on the Cambo and DF.

I was able to keep the lens I tested and really really like the 150D so as good as the 150D is the 150LS better be light-years better.

I checked the firmware and I'm current so no need to think about the LS until the next update. :D

Don

goesbang

You guys really crack me up!

Don, the 150D was probably the sharpest lens (non-tech cam) I owned, but for me, that sharp look relied too heavily on very high local contrast as well as actual resolution. So, whilst it is undoubtedly the sharpest SLR lens I have seen, the look it gave was a little harsh for my tastes. I always preferred the look of my portraits shot with the 110LS, despite a preference for the angle of view of the 150D.
As such, I took a punt when the 150LS was released and bought one sight unseen, not something I often do. It helps that I've had a good year and my wife, known to some as The Finance Minister, has been in a good mood.
I was expecting very good resolution, but more importantly, I was hoping for a creamier look and feel. I was also hoping for a less front heavy feel so the camera balances better. On all these counts, I am happy to say, I have what I wanted. For me, the LS is light years better.

Cheers,

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Seibel, I hear you! The last couple of days I've been shooting my latest grandson and the 150D does not flatter his delicate skin! I switched to the 75 Cron on the M9 - and it wasn't much better until some softening "post".

But I'm a nature/landscape guy and that 150D does extraordinarily well in that milieu.

goesbang

Seibel, I hear you! The last couple of days I've been shooting my latest grandson and the 150D does not flatter his delicate skin! I switched to the 75 Cron on the M9 - and it wasn't much better until some softening "post".

But I'm a nature/landscape guy and that 150D does extraordinarily well in that milieu.
Fair point Bill. For your application I agree the 150D is the winner, by a fair margin.

Cheers,