The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens suggestions

P

Paul66

So my Mamiya 645 DF 28DM 80mm LS kit is supposed to be here tomorrow 12/06 I've been looking at different lens's and need some advise as to something that is going to be good quality without breaking the bank.

I mainly shoot Glamour & Nudes along with some landscape.

Landscape isn't on top of my list right now but something wide angle would be great.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have been pretty pleased with a three lens kit consisting of the 55LS, 80LS, and 110LS
The 110 is by far the most often used lens for figure work. The 80 and 55 do most of the landscape heavy lifting. Recently I have ben using a tech camera and a rodie 40mmHR-W for wide.
-bob

P

Paul66

Thanks for the suggestions Bob but those are out of my budget for right now.

I have been looking at some of the older model zooms and a couple of the primes for now.

kdphotography

Primes are good, and the newer D series generally better.

Bit pricey, but the most flexible lens, is probably the new 75-150 D. Great flexibility for landscapes, good for portraiture as well. Wide angle is the weak point for the DF.