The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CF-39 questions

wyan

Hi,

I am thinking to buy a CF-39 back to go with my Hasselblad and Contax systme (with correspondent i-adapters) and possibly Alpa system. So here are two questions before the jump:

1) Do I need a sync cable to go with V system?
2) Do I need a wakeup cable to go with Alpa system?

Thanks.

WYAN

paul25

Which Hasselblad model do you own?
If it is not 200 series, then no need for the cables...
If you own 200 series, then it will need cables, unless you want to modify the camera body by Hassesblad.

I'm not familiar about other cameras...

fotografz

Hi,

I am thinking to buy a CF-39 back to go with my Hasselblad and Contax systme (with correspondent i-adapters) and possibly Alpa system. So here are two questions before the jump:

1) Do I need a sync cable to go with V system?
2) Do I need a wakeup cable to go with Alpa system?

Thanks.

WYAN
There is a CFV/39, CFH/39 and the CF/39 ... I assume from your post you mean the CF/39.

The CF/39 can fit most any MF camera using the iAdapter system.

For Hasselblad H, the back can be used directly on a H1, H2, H2F, and presumably a H4X using a H iAdapter.

For Hasselblad 500 ELD, no sync cord is required with an ELD iAdapter

For other 500 series and SWC cameras, a sync cord is required.

Some Hasselblad 2000 and 200 series can be used, but only with C type leaf shutter lenses, and also requires a sync cord.

Contax 645 doesn't require a sync cord using the Contax 645 AF iAdapter.

Any technical camera like the ALPA can be used with any supported mount (Hasselblad, Contax, Mamiya, Fuji etc.) with the corresponding iAdapter on the back. A sync cord is required from view lens to the digital back, and you do NOT need a wake-up cable.

I had a CF/39 Multishot on a H2F and in MS mode it ran with the 60 meg big dogs with no problem. I also used it on a Rollie Xact 2 view camera. Multi-Shot can also be used in single shot mode for moving subjects. If you could locate one of those it'd be super.

-Marc

wyan

If you own 200 series, then it will need cables, unless you want to modify the camera body by Hassesblad.

Paul, Thanks. As you know from other forum, I have 203FE. Have you modify your 205?

wyan

There is a CFV/39, CFH/39 and the CF/39 ... I assume from your post you mean the CF/39.

The CF/39 can fit most any MF camera using the iAdapter system.

For Hasselblad H, the back can be used directly on a H1, H2, H2F, and presumably a H4X using a H iAdapter.

For Hasselblad 500 ELD, no sync cord is required with an ELD iAdapter

For other 500 series and SWC cameras, a sync cord is required.

Some Hasselblad 2000 and 200 series can be used, but only with C type leaf shutter lenses, and also requires a sync cord.

Contax 645 doesn't require a sync cord using the Contax 645 AF iAdapter.

Any technical camera like the ALPA can be used with any supported mount (Hasselblad, Contax, Mamiya, Fuji etc.) with the corresponding iAdapter on the back. A sync cord is required from view lens to the digital back, and you do NOT need a wake-up cable.

I had a CF/39 Multishot on a H2F and in MS mode it ran with the 60 meg big dogs with no problem. I also used it on a Rollie Xact 2 view camera. Multi-Shot can also be used in single shot mode for moving subjects. If you could locate one of those it'd be super.

-Marc
Marc,

Thank you very much. You are simply amazing. I've learned a lot from every of your posts. :)

WYAN

fotografz

Paul, I think maybe you modified your 205 to use with a CFV back, not a CF. They are not the same thing.

I modified a 203FE to use a CFV back also.

-Marc