The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa HPF rings

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get these rings for my SK 60 and SK 90 in stock. Paul was out at Optechs. My 60 has a TS mount so may have modify it but willing to try it out. Just need to figure out some extension knobs.

PeterL

Re: Alpa HPR rings

I'm surprised Paul could not order it? It usually takes less than a week.

Cheers, -Peter

Aviv1887

Try Jeff Hirsch at Fotocare in NYC. He either has it in stock or might be able to get it within a few days.

Thierry

Dear Guy,

I have checked this with my colleagues at Alpa, since I was a bit surprised it could take 10 days for HPF rings.

Facts are that it takes in general 3 to max 5 days once we get the order till the delivery to our distributor or representative.

Best regards
Thierry

Paul had to order 10 days. I call Jeff to see if has them in stock.

Guy Mancuso

Great Thierry great to know and appreciate you checking into it. I will get with Paul and order some up. BTW great idea of Alpa to come up with these, they are very useful.

jlm

Workshop Member
I will add that they are quite well made.

It pains me that the lens makers cannot make a proper engraving to begin with

Guy Mancuso

Agree John. I have one on my 35XL and looking for one for my 90mm. The new 60mm will be a nightmare to use with the TS mount.

jlm

Workshop Member
the HPR rings do not fit the T/S cambo lenses, because:

the knurled portion of the HPR interferes with the T/S knob shafts;
if you machine off the knurled portion, you also machine off the small screw that holds the HPR ring halves together.
should you solve that problem, you still have to extend the knob shafts or the knobs will interfere

Guy Mancuso

Damn what I figured is at least have to mill the knurled portion down. I might be able to get away with a smaller knob though. Paul has the 60mm one in stock and i am very tempted to try it.