The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 2.0 Firmware Update for Phase IQ Series MFDBs

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
O, thanks Bill. In our rush to post I didn't notice we didn't actually say what was wrong!

With that combination when you go to take a picture either nothing happens (at all) or a series of sounds from the shutter half-firing. Sometimes this may be accompanied with the system locking up (requiring an ejection of the battery).

We do not suspect anything damaging, nuclear or otherwise, but suffice it to say we think "not working" is pretty serious.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off
Okay that explains why my 160 was acting up Saturday shooting models with high speed sync flash. I did lock up about 3 times with about 1200 shots shooting sensor plus. I mean like dead scare me to death dead. Lol

It worked after a few tricks with battery

dchew

Anyone have problems on a Tech Camera after upgrading?
No problem here. I actually get fewer capture errors than I used to.

I used to get one about every half-dozen frames. Now I think I only get one when I push the release without cocking the shutter first. :)

Also recently exchanged the prototype Alpa sync chord with a real production version so that may be some of it too, but that was about a month ago.

Dave

jlm

Workshop Member
"Now I think I only get one when I push the release without cocking the shutter first

amen to that!

i am using the Kapture group cable, no probs

Paul David

I've installed 2.01 on an IQ180 with the 645DF. Although I'm able to set a few custom functions, I can't get into the menu to set all of the individual functions. Is this a limitation of the firmware or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Paul

kdphotography

I've installed 2.01 on an IQ180 with the 645DF. Although I'm able to set a few custom functions, I can't get into the menu to set all of the individual functions. Is this a limitation of the firmware or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Paul
You caught me off-guard, Paul. Turn to CF on the main dial. Make sure to select a user: A, B, C. I wasn't able to set CF settings either---what happened is that the firmware update "cleared" my user "A" setting. Try re-designating a user, then try your individual CF settings...

ken

p.s. Make sure to check CF19, autofocus. The default goes to "speed." After the firmware update, I again had to reset CF19 to 1 for "accuracy."

Paul David

Thanks, Ken! Yes, the whole point of this was to reset CF19 to 1.

Wouldn't it be nice if Phase provided some documentation! It seems documentation is inversely proportional to the cost of the product. The manual is useless for how to set the functions.

Hey Doug... how about writing the missing manual for Phase One?

Ken, need to have another party at your house!
Happy New Year!
-Paul

kdphotography

.... It seems documentation is inversely proportional to the cost of the product. ....
Ken, need to have another party at your house!
Happy New Year!
-Paul
I hope Phase is not following the example of Arca-Swiss with the Cube. All I got there was a bad photocopy of the scant instructions. (no joke). Phase is actually not bad---it's when they change the default settings around in the firmware!

Yup! I think another Pigs is in order---but somewhere along the lines of Wine, Dine, and Schwein!

Have a great New Year!

ken

cunim

The CF settings appear to reset spontaneously with 2.01. Has happened to me twice. I set AF to accuracy and to work off of the AEL button. All is well as I shoot. I can turn everything off and then back on and all is still as I set it.

Put the camera away for a few hours and everything goes back to default.

Anyone else seen this?

kdphotography

Just tried it on my DF. CF settings do annoyingly reset to "new defaults" on updating firmware, but the settings on my DF do stick. I tried several times checking the CF settings CF19 (AF) and it sticks; tried with turning on the IQ180 and with leaving the IQ180 off (camera body only). So my DF seems to be fine.

Maybe if it seems your update isn't holding the settings, suggest reverting back to previous firmware versions, and then re-installing 2.01.

ken