The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 2.0 Firmware Update for Phase IQ Series MFDBs

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
RELEASE NOTE
Firmware version 2.0 for all version of IQ digital backs (Phase One/ Mamiya, Hasselblad H1/H2, Hasselblad V and Contax 645.
New features and fixes in firmware 2.0 if upgrading from version 1.47
1. 9 New languages available in the Menu > Language (French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, Korean, Japanese and Chinese)
2. 645DF camera control from Capture One
3. 645DF custom settings control from the IQ digital back
4. New Splash Screen option in Menu > Display > Splash Screen for display of custom
image (up to 800 x 480 px) at startup.
5. Support for Schneider Kreuznach USB controlled shutter (Native – no need for
special setting)
6. New Aerial setting in Menu > Camera Mode for use with special Aerial applications.
7. General speed improvements for all IQ digital backs, especially on the H platform.
8. General stability improvements for all IQ digital backs
Additional fixes in firmware 2.0 if upgrading from version 1.33
9. Fixes an issue where IQ back would lock up with “No DB” displayed in the 645DF LCD, requiring a hard reboot of camera and digital back.
10. Digital back will now correctly charge battery to 100% via FireWire
11. Fixes an issue on IQ back for Hasselblad V, where starting capture from within
Capture One was not possible on a 555 ELD camera.
12. General improved stability
Additional fixes in firmware 2.0 if upgrading from firmware version 1.19
1. Live View is now available on the IQ display (see separate white paper)
2. IIQ Small file format is now available
3. New Specific camera mode for Mamiya RZ PRO IID
4. General stability improvements
User Guide available at:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/Manuals/Manuals_DB.aspx Firmware updates can be found in the download section at www.phaseone.com.
Update should be performed with the digital back disconnected from the camera, and without FireWire or USB connected.
Also make sure you have a newly charged battery in the IQ back.
1. Download the latest IQ Firmware from the website,
2. Transfer the .fwr file to an empty compact flash card and insert it into the IQ’s
December 2011
compact flash card slot.
2/2
4. After upgrade the digital back will have to be rebooted, a full reboot is performed by removing the battery from the IQ back, and reinserting it.
If you regret any updates, the “Restore Firmware” option will revert to the factory installed firmware version. If you experience errors you can use the menu “Dump Log” to transfer Log information to the CompactFlash card – this log file you can use to send to support for further analysis.
3. Select “Update Firmware” from the Firmware menu and the IQ back will automatically detect and implement the update from the card.

kdphotography

You beat me, Guy.

Hey, I think item #5 requires us to buy a new Schneider LS lens, you know, to test the firmware update....

:ROTFL:

anGy

And where is the USB2 back compatibility ??????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think they mean a schneider electronic shutter for our tech camera lenses.
-bob

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
USB and UDMA7 not complete yet.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2011/12/14/phase-one-iq-firmware-update/

USB in this update refers to USB controlled Schneider Electronic Lenses most commonly used in table-top photography and special applications (e.g. art reproduction).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

S

Shelby Lewis

You guys can send me your gear to test out the new firmware. I PROMISE it'll get it back to you sometime in the near future. :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, a custom splash screen. I am so impressed that I can forget all of the other missing essential features.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
In a way though it can identify your back. Okay that may not seem really needed but you know on the workshops stuff goes all over the place. There are times it would be useful, okay maybe cool to show off your studio logo to all the models. See what was i thinking there you go, thats the reason. LOL

JonMo

let's see,
we can have a custom splash screen......................
but 1 year after the promotion of USB as a connecting protocol and the port is only useful to operate a remote shutter on a tech cam.
We are now up to firmware 2.0
I am beginning to wonder if the promise of USB 3.0 tethering is vaporware.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
So in the Keystone pane in C1 there is an "A" (for automatic) that is greyed out for me. Is that because I'm using my IQ 180 with a tech camera or because it hasn't been implemented for the IQ 180 yet?