The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silvestri Shiftable Viewfinder for Alpa?

C

carbonmetrictree

I was looking at some Silvestri cameras and stumbled into this, I wonder if it'll work?

Shift Viewfinder

In certain occasions this type of viewfinder simplifies working and helps in making the composition process faster. A series of format frames are available for specific lenses. The viewfinder has an adjustment option to move the format frame to simulate the 15-0-15mm shift movement.

yaya

If you speak to Paula at Linhof-Studio she'll be able to tell you if and how it fits as she sells both ALPA and Silvestri and usually stock most items from both.

[email protected]
+44 (0)1702 716116

I can also ask Vincenzo Silvestri to bring one to Photokina so I can have a look at it.

Yair

N

Natasa Stojsic

If you speak to Paula at Linhof-Studio she'll be able to tell you if and how it fits as she sells both ALPA and Silvestri and usually stock most items from both.

[email protected]
+44 (0)1702 716116

I can also ask Vincenzo Silvestri to bring one to Photokina so I can have a look at it.

Yair
Thanks Yair:thumbup:

N

Natasa Stojsic

I was looking at some Silvestri cameras and stumbled into this, I wonder if it'll work?

Shift Viewfinder

In certain occasions this type of viewfinder simplifies working and helps in making the composition process faster. A series of format frames are available for specific lenses. The viewfinder has an adjustment option to move the format frame to simulate the 15-0-15mm shift movement.

Andrew, good find:thumbup:

C

carbonmetrictree

:D Do you think it'll work?

I think I found it on Linhof Studio or on Bromwell's website.

C

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Yair!, I'll give Paula a call to see if I could possibly have her or I test out the viewfinder to see if it is compatible with the ALPA 12 series cameras.

Andrew

[email protected]
+44 (0)1702 716116

Yair

rhsu

...so did anyone actually get a chance to see whether it works with Alpa? I'm very curious as well...!

Cheers

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We are now distributing Silvestri here in the states. We just placed an order on Friday, I will see what I can do to get one of these added to try out.

It looks very useful.

Lance

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Hmmm... now let's see, this new fanged view finder that you can shift only costs what, $780?? Oh, and then add the mask for each lens at about $67 a copy. So, to be able to see a close approximation of the view, goes for the tidy sum of $850 for the first lens. Too bad the masks aren't calibrated for the size of the digital sensor you are using. With that error built in, I really would need to wonder at the usefulness of this device especially considering the high cost. But this is just my opinion....

C

carbonmetrictree

I'm still interested in seeing if this works, I've been pretty happy with the ALPA viewfinder and didn't want to plunk another $1k down for another VF. I do like how the Silvestri has a smaller form factor. One of my concerns is if the masks for the Silvestri will support the Rodenstock 23mm HR that will be coming out shortly mid-December. And the other is what Chuck just posted below, there's no point in using it if the Silvestri isn't accurate to a MFDB + ALPA setup.

Hey Lance, if you'd like me to test it out for a few days when CI gets some in stock, you know who to call!

rhsu

We are now distributing Silvestri here in the states. We just placed an order on Friday, I will see what I can do to get one of these added to try out.

It looks very useful.

Lance
...(eagerly awaiting for the silvestri and 2nd hand Alpa a-la-cart pricing)...