The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portrait lens

P

Paul66

Anyone have much dealing with this lens?
Shooting with Mamiya 645DF/leif 28MD

Mamiya Telephoto 150mm f/3.5 N Manual Focus Lens for 645

P

Paul66

Well since I got no response on this thread I decided to go ahead and buy the lens.

I am VERY impressed for $99.00 this lens is AWESOME!!!!

P

Paul66

I also like the idea of having a 90 day warranty on the lens I bought, I really like to shop where I know my product is covered.

mediumcool

I also like the idea of having a 90 day warranty on the lens I bought, I really like to shop where I know my product is covered.
I have an old battered 150/3.5 bought on eBay a few years ago; it’s worked well for me, but is starting to fall apart. I’ll be looking for a 150/2.8 soon.

Partial crop:

malmac

Nice portrait.

I notice this lens is a manual focus lens.

I assume you have some auto focus lenses - do you rely on the auto focus?
I seem to have lots of trouble with the auto focus and I wonder how much of that is operator error.

Any advice welcome.

mal

Toowoomba, Australia

P

Paul66

I have trouble with the 80mm LS auto focus, the 150 manual has shown me that manual focus is the best for me.

K

krb

Nice portrait.

I notice this lens is a manual focus lens.

I assume you have some auto focus lenses - do you rely on the auto focus?
I seem to have lots of trouble with the auto focus and I wonder how much of that is operator error.
I started with an AFd and some AF lenses but after adding some MF lenses I started using them more and more and eventually sold the AF glass because it was collecting dust. I even added an older Pro TL body because I wanted a WLF and wanted to be able to add affordable leaf shutter lenses to the collection.