The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kudos to Phase One Service

Tim Ernst

I recently sent my IQ180 back to Denmark for a minor repair before putting it up for sale. When I opened the box after receiving it back I was quite surprised to find it filled with new cables, 2gb thumb drive, battery, and Capture One disk. And besides doing all of the items below, they also installed a new LCD protector.

Here is a list of everything they did that was not associated with the little repair:

Recalibration
Focus controlled and adjusted
Main flexcable exchanged
Sensor board exchanged
Digital board exchanged
Functional check

Firmware version check
Image capture and inspection (they made about 20 exposures)
Focus inspection
Check of camera attachment
Control LEDs
Cleaning
Check of external connections
Visual inspection

I assume all of this is standard for Phase. This is the only time I've ever sent a back to Phase for anything in six years - hopefully won't ever have to again - but it is nice to find a company treating their equipment and customers so well...

Tim Ernst in Arkansas
www.timernst.com

cs750

Tim, thanks for posting this information. It is good to hear what Phase One is doing right. Charles

Tim Ernst

Yes, Paul, the service was kind of to make sure everything was in perfect shape for the next owner (in fact I was waiting for it to get back from service before I put the back up for sale). Funny thing though, now that it is crispy-new again I don't want to use it and will let someone else give it a new home. I'm not looking for a replacement really, but a sale will help fund another year of education for our daughter (I've got lots of cameras, but only one daughter!)

Paul2660

I can sure identify with the college tuition needs. , having daughter just finishing and one now just starting.

Paul

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had the shutter replaced in my DF - about $700 if I recall correctly. I don't know about the lenses though and hopefully never will :eek: