The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera Prices - Photokina Pre-Announcement

T

thsinar

For your information, just released, prices for the Sinar Hy6 - 65 camera prices:

1. Sinar Hy6 - 65 ---> Euro 12'073.- (about US$ 17'200.-)

Scope of Delivery

- Sinar Hy6 Body from stock
- Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS lens
- Format Mask Hy6/65
- Sinar Hy6 65 back
- Firewire Cable 1394 B, 4.5 m
- Sinar V290 Battery, 7.2 V Li+
- Charger V290 Battery (including Mains adapter, and 12V Lighter cable)
- CF Card 4 GB
- CF Card Reader
- Gray Card
- Digital Cleaning Kit
- Sinarback Software on CD
- Sinar Hy6 System Case, empty

Availability: October 2008

2. Sinar Hy6 -s65r ---> Euro 15'841.- (about US$ 22'500.-)

Scope of Delivery

- Sinar Hy6 Body
- Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS lens
- SB eMotion/Sinar Hy6 Revolving Adapter
- Format Mask Hy6/65
- Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
- 2 Sinar V290 Batteries, 7.2 V Li+
- Twin Charger V290 Battery (including Mains adapter, and 12V Lighter cable)
- CF Card 4 GB
- CF Card Reader
- Gray Card
- White Shading Diffusor 100
- Digital Cleaning Kit
- Sinar Hy6 System Case, empty

3. Sinarback eSprit 65 LV ---> Euro 10'854.- (about US$ 15'500.-)

Scope of Delivery

- Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
- Sinar V290 Battery, 7.2 V Li+
- Charger V290 Battery (including Mains adapter, and 12V Lighter cable)
- CF Card 4 GB
- CF Card Reader
- Gray Card
- White Shading Diffusor 100
- Digital Cleaning Kit
- Sinarback Universal Case, empty

All technical information concerning these 2 camera systems and this Sinarback has been mostly given in the following threads:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3089

and here:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27565

The brochure for these systems and digital back can be downloaded from here:

http://www.sinarcameras.com/site/index__gast-e-1072-24-1154-urlvars-rand-965.html

Go to "Downloads" ---> "Brochures".

For further questions, please visit us at our booth at Photokina, next week, for those able.

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,

Thank you for the update! The prices look competitive and almost affordable.:rolleyes:

I am interested in the eSprit 65LV for my Sinar-M and Rollei Hy6. Shall I order a new revolving adapter for the new back or I can use my unrevolving adapter I currently use with the Hy6? Will the Sinar-M/ eMotion adapter work with the new back?

Kind Regards,
Yevgeny

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Nice pricing. Similar in pricing to some of the P30+ promos and the H3DII31 promos that are around.

Anxious to see some real world reviews on the work-flow and performance. I like some of your innovations, maybe that will stoke the fire amongst the competitors.

What warranty do they carry?

Lance

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

T

thsinar

Dear Yevgeny,

The Sinarback eSprit 65 LV uses the very same revolving adapter as the eMotion backs, cat. N° 552.36.085.

As a consequence I believe, without having confirmation, that the non-revolving Hy6/eMotion does fit as well.

Let me confirm this when sure.

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,

Thank you for the update! The prices look competitive and almost affordable.:rolleyes:

I am interested in the eSprit 65LV for my Sinar-M and Rollei Hy6. Shall I order a new revolving adapter for the new back or I can use my unrevolving adapter I currently use with the Hy6? Will the Sinar-M/ eMotion adapter work with the new back?

Kind Regards,
Yevgeny

T

thsinar

Thanks Lance!

This system carries the same normal Sinar warranty, a 3-year warranty (2 + 1 by registering in our Sinar Owners Group).

Best regards,
Thierry

Nice pricing. Similar in pricing to some of the P30+ promos and the H3DII31 promos that are around.

Anxious to see some real world reviews on the work-flow and performance. I like some of your innovations, maybe that will stoke the fire amongst the competitors.

What warranty do they carry?

Lance

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Dear Thierry,
Thank you for the information.
Yevgeny

Dear Yevgeny,

The Sinarback eSprit 65 LV uses the very same revolving adapter as the eMotion backs, cat. N° 552.36.085.

As a consequence I believe, without having confirmation, that the non-revolving Hy6/eMotion does fit as well.

Best regards,
Thierry

David K

Workshop Member
Wow, this is very competitive pricing... As an owner of the Hy6/e75LV anything that expands awareness and use of the Sinar brand is good news to me. Bravo Sinar !!!

T

thsinar

Thanks David!

I should not tell (you), but the prices of the Sinar Hy6 - eMotion 54LV, Hy6 - eMotion 75 and Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV have been dropped as well, as per today!

:bugeyes:

More tomorrow.

Best regards,
Thierry

Wow, this is very competitive pricing... As an owner of the Hy6/e75LV anything that expands awareness and use of the Sinar brand is good news to me. Bravo Sinar !!!

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks David!

I should not tell (you), but the prices of the Sinar Hy6 - eMotion 54LV, Hy6 - eMotion 75 and Hy6 - eMotion 75 LV have been dropped as well, as per today!

:bugeyes:

More tomorrow.

Best regards,
Thierry
Not a problem Thierry... just make the price drop retroactive :)

N

Natasa Stojsic

Thierry, Thanks:thumbup:

These prices are close to what I expected:thumbup:!!!

Could you just confirm one thing.... when you shoot tethered, are you able to see the image on DB and the Computer at the same time or just Computer? Because as I remember.... not long ago ( I couldn't find the thread to point it out..) there was a talk about shooting tethered and not being able to see the image on both DB and Computer screen at the same time!!! So , I'm not sure.... who they were talking about SINAR or LEAF?

That is a deal breaker to me !!!

Dear Natasa,

I can confirm that the image is shown in the back's display, when tethered, until the image is on the HD of the computer.

Best regards,
Thierry
I got your answer to my question on LL for the above.... I hope you don't mind me publishing it here for all of us to share.... Thanks:thumbs:

Related to the above answer.... I would like to ask for how long can I set the display so that perhaps the image can stay 8,9,10,15 seconds or like Canon/Nikon you can set it to stay until you make another exposure... in my case that' the best and something I would prefer?

if t

T

thsinar

hi Natasa,

I don't know about Leaf, but the shot image is displayed on the back's screen until it is uploaded to the computer's HD.

I believe so it is with the PO backs as well, at least from what I have heard, and 3 weeks ago.

I believe that it should be possible to have a setting allowing a longer display of the image, and that this can be achieved by firmware. However, it is not implemented yet, though on our wish list.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry, Thanks:thumbup:

These prices are close to what I expected:thumbup:!!!

Could you just confirm one thing.... when you shoot tethered, are you able to see the image on DB and the Computer at the same time or just Computer? Because as I remember.... not long ago ( I couldn't find the thread to point it out..) there was a talk about shooting tethered and not being able to see the image on both DB and Computer screen at the same time!!! So , I'm not sure.... who they were talking about SINAR or LEAF?

That is a deal breaker to me !!!

I got your answer to my question on LL for the above.... I hope you don't mind me publishing it here for all of us to share.... Thanks:thumbs:

Related to the above answer.... I would like to ask for how long can I set the display so that perhaps the image can stay 8,9,10,15 seconds or like Canon/Nikon you can set it to stay until you make another exposure... in my case that' the best and something I would prefer?

if t

T

thsinar

Dear Yevgeny,

I just wish to confirm my belief from yesterday below:

YES, the Sinar eMotion adapter 552.36.086 (non-revolving) can be used and is the one to use with the Sinarback eSprit 65.

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Yevgeny,

Best regards,
Thierry

fotografz

I must say that this is a fantastic delivery for Sinar. This is a VERY desirable offering that has to have a major impact on the entire industry.

Based on direct experience, the 1.3X crop factor of the already proven sensor is not an issue when used for what it was designed for ... fast, high image quality capture. Direct DNG capture, rotating back, quick AF Schneider digital spec optics ...

To my mind this is now the foremost people shooting camera in the world.

Way to go Sinar :thumbs:

BTW, who is the US dealer? ;)

T

thsinar

Thanks Marc!

Sinar's exclusive distributor is Sinar Bron Imaging:

Sinar Bron Imaging
17 Progress Street
Edison, N.J. 08820

Phone: (+1) 908 754 58 00
Fax: (+1) 908 754 58 07
E-mail: [email protected]

Contact Greg King, Colin King or Dave McRitchie

Best regards,
Thierry

I must say that this is a fantastic delivery for Sinar. This is a VERY desirable offering that has to have a major impact on the entire industry.

Based on direct experience, the 1.3X crop factor of the already proven sensor is not an issue when used for what it was designed for ... fast, high image quality capture. Direct DNG capture, rotating back, quick AF Schneider digital spec optics ...

To my mind this is now the foremost people shooting camera in the world.

Way to go Sinar :thumbs:

BTW, who is the US dealer? ;)

Dear Thierry,
Very good news! :) Thank you for the confirmation!

May I assume that my eMotion /Sinar-M adapter also can be used with the Sinarback eSprit 65??

Kind regards,
Yevgeny

Dear Yevgeny,

I just wish to confirm my belief from yesterday below:

YES, the Sinar eMotion adapter 552.36.086 (non-revolving) can be used and is the one to use with the Sinarback eSprit 65.

Best regards,
Thierry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Thierry! This is indeed aggressive pricing and is not only going to be good for Sinar, but the entire MF market -- kudos to Sinar for taking the lead on this. Assuming the other manufacturers are going to follow, IMO this will add enough demand to the MF market to give it healthy future. Of course at the same time, it will steal a large segment of the pro DSLR market, so in turn will probably force a trickle down in pricing on all digital... Good time to be a digital consumer!

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Dave Mc Ritchie is right here in Florida with us at our lighting workshop all week. He brought in a truck load of Broncolor lighting for us to use.

T

thsinar

... and no Sinar equipment?!

:mad:

Have a great workshop,
Thierry

Dave Mc Ritchie is right here in Florida with us at our lighting workshop all week. He brought in a truck load of Broncolor lighting for us to use.