The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Compatability of Mamiya 'D' and Schnieder Lenses

P

photographist

I suspect that I've missed the obvious answer to this question, and if so, I appologize in advance.

Are the Mamiya 'D' and S&K Lenses (shutter or non-shutter) compatible with the Mamiya 645 AFD series (i, ii or iii)?

Thank you,

Jeffrey

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
To add just a bit of detail to Graham's answer...

The 120mm D Macro AF requires the DF as well. (The 120mm D Macro MF will work on all bodies.)

The 120mm TS will work on all bodies, but you may need to cover the contacts depending on which body and which firmware which means the aperture won't be transmitted in metadata (but the aperture is manually controlled at the front of the lens so you can still fully use the lens.

All other D lenses work on all bodies.

All the LS only work the DF bodies. Technically they will mount physically to earlier bodies but on such bodies there is no aperture control nor use of the LS shutter so unless you want to use it wide-open and use the focal plane shutter only then the short answer is they only work on the DF bodies.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off