The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ and P30+

Gilles L.

Does anyone have any experience with the RZ Pro II D and P30+? Are there any compatibility issues? Doesthe back need to be awaken each time with the Pro II D? Thank you for your replies... Gilles

Digitalcameraman

Does anyone have any experience with the RZ Pro II D and P30+? Are there any compatibility issues? Doesthe back need to be awaken each time with the Pro II D? Thank you for your replies... Gilles
Giles.

The P30+ and RZD are compatible. Make sure you select that you are using the RZD in the Capture One software. And make sure that the RZD mode is correct.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
Buy Capture One: 10% off

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Gilles, we'd be happy to show you this combo in Miami or Tampa.

Provided it's on an M mount and you don't intend to use the back for any tech cameras or view cameras later on this is a great combo.

The crop is the only draw back since it is a 1.3 crop from 645 which is a crop from the native 6x7.

Alternatively a Mamiya DM33 is also a good option for that body (similar resolution but only a 1.1 crop).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Gilles L.

Thanks Chris and Doug, much appreciate the answers. Does the back need to be awaken each time? I agree with you Doug, I thought the crop could look quite small on that nice 6x7 focusing screen. I'll be in Miami at the beginning of February. Perhaps I can come by. Wishing you both a Happy New Year, Gilles

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
From a technical point of view the back does "require a wakeup" but the wakeup is provided by the body.

From the point of view the user you just push the shutter release and the camera takes the picture.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

I used the P30+ with RZ Pro II and it worked very well until I traded it with the IQ180 few months ago.
RZ Pro IID supposes to be even better because you don't need the cable to connect the back and body.
Now I have the RZ Pro II D and it works flawlessly with the IQ 180.
I loved the long exposure and the big viewfinder of the RZ, a great combination. You can print on 17" paper with almost the same IQ as the IQ 180.
Oh...By the way, coincidentally, Chris is my dealer and friend, the best one I've ever worked with.
I hope it helps. You can email me for any questions.

Best regards,
Pramote

Digitalcameraman

I used the P30+ with RZ Pro II and it worked very well until I traded it with the IQ180 few months ago.
RZ Pro IID supposes to be even better because you don't need the cable to connect the back and body.
Now I have the RZ Pro II D and it works flawlessly with the IQ 180.
I loved the long exposure and the big viewfinder of the RZ, a great combination. You can print on 17" paper with almost the same IQ as the IQ 180.
Oh...By the way, coincidentally, Chris is my dealer and friend, the best one I've ever worked with.
I hope it helps. You can email me for any questions.

Best regards,
Pramote

Beautiful image Pramote, love the sky and most of all that contrast and color. I hope to see many more soon.

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

404.522.7662 Atlanta
305.350.9900 Miami
877.217.9870 National
813.335.2473 Cell

Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
Buy Capture One: 10% off

Gilles L.

Pramote, with the holidays, I missed your post... thank you very much for your comment and offer to contact you with any questions, much appreciated! This is a beautiful shot; the dark foreground really pops on the dramatic sky. Again, thank you for sharing. Best, Gilles

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Gilles...Sorry for the delay to respond. I've been busy with work.
You're welcome! The RZ is probably the most cost effective system if you don't mind working manually and slowly.
Take care,
Pramote