The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Remember to post some lighting workshop photos in the MF section

C

carbonmetrictree

You guys are having way too much fun, LOL!

I'll hopefully be available for the next one, I'd love to hang out with you guys.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One more quickie straight from the camera. Here is one of the participant's wives who decided to jump in on the fun:

PeterA

Thats a great shot jack - and please convey my congratulations to the brave ( and lovely) wife of teh participan who 'stared the camera down ' - I hope she is getting a model fee.! :)

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
One quick one, straight from the camera. This was the bartender at our hotel:
Jack, please ask her to make mine a Centenario Gran Anejo strait up in a shot glass. And make it a double :thumbs: You guys are having WAY too much fun for a work experience :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great lighting day and some pretty nice images. Just a couple really quick ones before i fall flat on my face. LOL

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Sorry I couldn't make it by today guys. I just got really swamped at work with all the Photokina stuff going on right now. Where are you going on location tomorrow? I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow.

BTW, looks like you're getting some really nice stuff. It's all about the light!

David

David K

Workshop Member
Hey David,

We'll be at Dania Beach at 6:00am... if I see you there I'll buy you an espresso :) Having way too much fun to post anything right now. What a great bunch of guys down here for this... having a blast.

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
I'm not medium format, nor did I do any post. This is the small jpg straight from the camera.

Those two lucky SoB's =)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Had a great shoot today folks! Here are a few quickly processed, straight from the camera. Obviously I'd like to spend some time cleaning them up a bit. As you can see, some of the same sets as we prepared for the participants, but then it was a workshop :)

Okay, that's all for now... need to get up early for the sunrise beach bikini shoot.

C

carbonmetrictree

This is like a lens sharpness and distortion test...but the new and improved version :D

I'm not medium format, nor did I do any post. This is the small jpg straight from the camera.

Those two lucky SoB's =)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes, it really looks like a great workshop and loads of fun.

I am still trying to figure out what the bartender from the hotel was doing at the studio - Jack didn't show us this technique on the other workshops!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Some serious eye candy here! Great work everyone. I'm jealous as usual.

I know you're posting stuff straight out of the camera, but I am noticing what appears to be a wide range of white balance. Lots of what appear to be very "warm" shots. I'm always paranoid my monitor is calibrated incorrectly. :confused:

Also, and with all the beautiful women you're showing this is going to sound strange, but can you post some shots of the studio and lighting gear? Sort of a look behind the curtain.

Thanks!

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am still trying to figure out what the bartender from the hotel was doing at the studio - Jack didn't show us this technique on the other workshops!
LOL! No worries Charlie, I'll share the technique with you on the next workshop!

;),

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Some serious eye candy here! Great work everyone. I'm jealous as usual.

I know you're posting stuff straight out of the camera, but I am noticing what appears to be a wide range of white balance. Lots of what appear to be very "warm" shots. I'm always paranoid my monitor is calibrated incorrectly. :confused:

Also, and with all the beautiful women you're showing this is going to sound strange, but can you post some shots of the studio and lighting gear? Sort of a look behind the curtain.

Thanks!

Tim
Hi Tim:

Don't sweat it, the WB is all over the place here. I can't speak for Guy, but I've not bothered to pull the WB off the set's McBeth when converting the ones I've put up so far --- mine are literally straight off the sensor with the default flash WB applied.

Cheers,