The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar P2 & Toyo G are the same mount? for digital back adaptor

dreamallen

Hello everyone

I am interested to buy a phaseone flex adaptor for my Sinar P2, but one person is selling a Toyo G mount, do you think that could work on my Sinar P2? I mean are them have the same mount of the back?

Thank you
Allen

Digitalcameraman

Hello everyone

I am interested to buy a phaseone flex adaptor for my Sinar P2, but one person is selling a Toyo G mount, do you think that could work on my Sinar P2? I mean are them have the same mount of the back?

Thank you
Allen

In order to use your Sinar with this Phase One Flex Adapter you would need to buy the adapter plate that you would exchange between Toyo to Sinar. This would then allow you to mount the Flex Adapter to your view camera. This is referred to as the Sinar mounting plate for Phase One Flex Adapter.

Two things to be aware of, there are many versions of the flex adapter. So check not only the mounting plate to your view camera, but the insert mounting plate for your back. Example Toyo G /Hasselblad V would only allow you to mont a Phase One V back to the Flex Adapter.

Last time I bought this item from Phase One it was $395. So it can be quite expensive to convert one of these after you purchase it second hand. The insert plate to change between mounts cost around $390.

The other important detail is that the ground glass for the original release of this product only showed lines for 24x36mm chips. So trying to use it with a P45 does not show the crops on the ground glass correctly.

Capture Integration also has a Brightscreen we had manufactured for these flex adapters, allowing more light to pass thru ground glass for a much brighter view while focusing.

Good luck,

Sincerely,

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager, Florida
Capture Integration
http://www.captureintegration.com

2010 Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One at 10% off