The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Phase Owner - Shooting tethered help C1 v4

C

carbonmetrictree

I'm getting this error every time I try to take a shot with a P45+ tethered to a Mac Pro with the newest version of C1 Pro. If I open C1 and turn on the back after it's fired up, I'll be able to take one frame with my Alpa 12 Max. I am able view the image, but when I try to take another shot and press the wake on button the green led does not flash.

Capture Error
'The current state is incorrect.' occured during capture

Any ideas?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrew:

I assume you set the back to long latency? I'd call Doug at Capture Integration and walk through this issue with him; he is magic at operating these backs and C1. He should be back in his office today.

Cheers,

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hey Andrew,

I know the problem sounds simple, but there are a lot of things we'd want to look at. Why don't you give me a call at 305-534-5701 ext. 2 and I'll step you through them.

For others who find this thread at 1am when the shit has hit the fan, check out our "Ideal Tethered Setup" document which outlines best practices for maximum stability and troubleshooting. Note that Phase One tethering is extremely robust, and is by far the number one rented digital back in the world for tethered shooting; out of context this document may make it seem like any minor thing can cause problems. Instead I would encourage you to understand the document in the context of its intended audience: 1) digital techs who are fired on the spot if something goes wrong, and 2) photographers trying to troubleshoot an unusual problem on their own.

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

C

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Jack, I'll go through my workflow again to see if there was anything I wasn't supposed to do. I've set the shutter to long latency and have powered the back directly from a fresh battery while plugging the Phase One firewire cable into the back of my Mac Pro.

Doug - I'll take a read through the document, I actually just got emailed Capture Integration's newsletter about stability on a tethered shoot, so I'll be reading both after my shoot in a few hours. Like I have told Lance, you guys at CI are absolutely the best in the industry, thank God we have people like to you to help us (to spend our money). LOL.

I just checked-
Version 3.7 works perfectly :)

Andrew

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We had Doug all day yesterday as our digital tech as Jack and I checked every set and shot on every set to get ready for each attendee to shoot. Frankly Doug is a God. I really mean that. I watched him work his magic in C1 and I was blown away and was a huge asset to Jack and I plus all the attendees on site.

C

carbonmetrictree

Glad to hear that Guy, Lance told me everything's going great over there! I'm going to study the stuff Doug gave me, I'm sure that will work out all of the bugs in my workflow.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If the problem has been isolated to the software then just (in this case by noting that 3.X is working but 4.X is not) then simply uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Use Phase's recommended uninstall procedure.

This is virtually guaranteed to solve software-specific problems.

If you're on set and trying to solve a software problem quickly without resorting to a full reinstall then simply close Capture One and delete: [User > Library > Preferences > com.phaseone.*******] and [User > Library > Cache > Phase One]. This has the effect of resetting the software to factory defaults and will solve 90+% of software problems in a matter of seconds without requiring a reinstall.

Doug Peterson
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio