The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H2 backs on a H1

Chris Giles

Hi guys,
I have a H1 (not the 'D' model and have to opportunity to buy a Leaf back for it but the current camera it is on is a H2.

I always assumed they were the same camera fitting wise. Can I expect any problems if I went ahead and bought it?

Information on Hassy bodies seems very hard to find.

Thanks!
Chris

Udo

Hi Chris,

no problem there. The leaf back and others with 'H-Interface' will fit on to H1 and H2 (film)bodies.

Best regards,
Udo

Chris Giles

Thanks Udo, as I'm moving from film will I require a mask for the viewfinder so I frame the image correctly?

Udo

Chris, yes you do need a mask. Usually there should be at least one delivered with the back, i.e. part of the original kit. If it is missing you can either buy a masked screen from Hasselblad, or contact Yair (Yaya) here on the board, he might be able to help you as a Leaf representative in London.

Best regards,
Udo

rollei8is

Hi Chris,

I hope your presumptions are correct. I have a different experience.

My Aptus2-10 worked fine with my H1. I traded it in for the H4X.

ON powering up the DB it would lock up the H4X body. Nothing would work,

no buttons, No focus, NO menu selection, nothing. I could not even power

it down. I had to remove physically the power grip to turn it off.

As of today, I dont have a fix for this, have not heard anything back from

Hasselblad.

R---

Chris Giles

@rollei - One of the reasons I went for an H1 is the interchangability of backs. I was put of by the H3/H4 being a closed system. There seems to be a lot of H3 31/39's available at the moment.

Is there a way to rotate the Leaf backs BTW? (the Hassy seems a bit awkward to use in portrait mode)!

yaya

Hi Chris (sent you an email a few hrs ago). There are a few models with rotating sensors but they fit only the 6x6 cameras e.g Hassy V, Sinar/ Rollei Hy6 and Leaf AFi or larger cameras like 4x5 or Mamiya RZ

If you plan to be at the SWPP show next weekend you'll be able to try the Mamiya 645DF with the vertical grip which makes it more convenient to shoot in portrait orientation...

BR

Yair

Chris Giles

Hi Yaya, I got the message thank you. I won't be able to attend the convention though as I've three weddings this coming weekend!

I've looked at the AFD as an option. I'll primarily be using MF for portraits and one of the things that's making me consider Mamiya, well two in fact, is the V grip (although they're £800) and the 150mm 2.6 Sekkor lens.

So far it's not too late to change, I just have the body, 80mm and the film back.