The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 200mm 2.8 APO anyone shoot with it

FredBGG

Not Available
Does anyone have any shots with the Mamiya 200mm 2.8
shot with a digital back or film actually?

I would love to see some shots, especially wide open.
Portraits and fashion....

Planning to use mine with a DF body.

I also plan to modify the lens so I can use a double shutter release cord to stop down and shoot in one action.

S

Shelby Lewis

Does anyone have any shots with the Mamiya 200mm 2.8
shot with a digital back or film actually?

Planning to use mine with a DF body.

I also plan to modify the lens so I can use a double shutter release cord to stop down and shoot in one action.
Guy has some samples shot with it... if I remember correctly, it's super sharp with bokeh to die for. Wide open is lovely if not with intimidatingly shallow DoF.

ondebanks

Guy has some samples shot with it... if I remember correctly, it's super sharp with bokeh to die for. Wide open is lovely if not with intimidatingly shallow DoF.
I have one, and it's everything Shelby says.

I posted some shots taken with it here, probably in Novermber or early December?

Ray

D

DoubleM

No people .. no fashion .. but some of my unavoidable dog shots :D

Both shots are about 70 to 80% of the original frame, DF with P65+.

The lens is amazing, razor sharp even wide open, a bit difficult to focus with viewfinder/screen of the DF.

Best regards
Martin

D

DoubleM

100% Crop wide open from Capture one with standard sharpening

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Buy it . Hell I may buy one back. Can't find my samples but it is a laser for sure with great bokeh

FredBGG

Not Available
Buy it . Hell I may buy one back. Can't find my samples but it is a laser for sure with great bokeh
Thanks Guy.

I bought it before posting this thread...

My intention was to try it out and either keep it or sell it.
One of the benefits of buying used!

John Black

F2.8 on P65+

Another F2.8, pretty close to the min focus distance

More pictures from the Mamiya 200mm F2.8 APO here.

On the Phase One DF focus confirmation is so-so; it's semi-decent on close, contrasty subject matter. And pretty much useless on landscapes and anything remotely close to infinity focus. I am waiting on Brightscreen prism screen and hope that improves the keeper rates. If auto-focus is very important, the 210/4 ULD is good option. They cost ~$400 used and the rendering is somewhat similar. The APO is sharper at F2.8 than the ULD is at F4, so if you want the sharpness, then the APO is the way to go.