The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange image

P

Paul66

Have you seen this happen before? If so what causes it?
Comes from a Mamiya 645DF / 33Dm 80mm LS lens 103 shot on brand new camera, happened on several shots

P

Paul66

yep studio lighting most shots were either perfect or over exposed

V

Vivek

Flashes not synchronizing properly. Check all the contacts. If there is any wireless trigger involved, check if it functions (if it fails, perhaps it is time to find another one) properly.

Also the shutter speed has to be lower and be compatible with the output of the flash systems.

P

Paul66

Why would it only do it with a few, was synced with a new sync cable straight to the light

V

Vivek

If it is wired, then the cause could be the unreliable recycling/discharge nature of the flash(es).

Is it a new one or an old system?

BANKER1

A few years ago I had a Hasselblad CFV16 that occasionally created images exactly like the one you showed. The back had to take an extended vacation to Europe. Thankfully it was under warranty.

Greg

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
yeah, I'm suspecting a back issue. the line seems too sharp for it to be from the shutter curtain, and it looks exactly in the center where there is usually a seam of the sensors they stitch together. If it's new I'd recommend calling the dealer right away.

coulombic

More likely than anything else, it's a CF card issue. The Leaf Aptus-II 12 does this incessantly if you're not using exclusively San Disk Extrme Pro CF cards. It seems entirely likely that other Leaf backs may have the same strange behavior.

SergeiR

Dont think its flash or card, sorry.
To me it looks like CCD didnt initialize properly or overshot (slow down! come on! It takes 4s for a bullet to kill a man.. you can shoot at least 4 frames during this time , dont need any more). When this happen - power back down, and power up .
Should be gone.

yaya

Paul,

Please contact your dealer or MAC and have them look into it. No disrespect to anyone here but there are better and more straightforward ways to handle this case than via a web forum

Thanks

Yair

V

Vivek

take a look at:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=368417#post368417

My body was replaced. Something about sync between camera and back and dark frame capture. Since the DF replacement, is has not happened again.

Talk to your dealer. From what I understand, LEAF has done quite a bit of testing with this issue and should be able to address it quickly for you.
Thanks for that link. :)

The post above yours completely makes sense now.;)

P

Paul66

Ok the camera and Back is not mine, a friend of mine bought and where else other than the web should was ask about this stuff?????

We weren't shooting fast, so there goes that answer lol

BANKER1

Sorry Yair, but I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to find a simple fix by coming here for some intelligent answers. In this case, it sounds like he will indeed be sending it in for repair, but the above exchanges make that more clear to him.

Greg

johnnygoesdigital

I agree with Wayne, this seems to be a DB issue, and definitely not a flash sync issue. Depending on the DB, that lens (LS)will "flash synch" at all speeds up to 1/1600th. Usually, a flash synch has a shutter swipe that's obvious, but not magenta in color.

These forums are the perfect place to discuss DB/DF issues.

Last edited:
P

Paul66

I had no issues out of the same lights and sync cord with mine, I have the 645Rf/28DM, I don't want to get on anyones bad side, just didn't want to send it in if it were something simple.