The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange image

yaya

Sorry Yair, but I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to find a simple fix by coming here for some intelligent answers. In this case, it sounds like he will indeed be sending it in for repair, but the above exchanges make that more clear to him.

Greg
Greg please note that I specifically said "this case" in my post above after looking at the image; If there was a quick fix I would have provided it.

The normal procedure is that you call your dealer, they ask you about 6 questions and to send them a RAW file, guide you to try 2-3 things and if it doesn't get solved over the phone they will ask you to send the back/ camera in.

Paul was asking for advice and as someone who has been working for Leaf for 12 years on the technical side I think I have enough "authority" to provide the advice I gave him...

BANKER1

Yair,

Your advice was correct, and I have no quarrel with that. My disagreement with you was that you seemed to imply that the matter should have gone directly to the retailer of the camera. While I also agree with that, I feel the OP was simply looking for a quick fix from some pretty knowledgable folks here who may have experienced the same problem. If you read my original response to him, you will see I "implied" that it was an equipment problem that should be referred to either the manufacturer or his local rep. If you had left off the second sentence in your response, it would have been perfect.

In this "instant society" (aka internet society) we are all a little impatient, so I can associate with his need for a speedy remedy. I also know it is difficult to glean a tone of the response only by the written word. Sorry to have offended you.

Greg

johnnygoesdigital

The OP's comment and others, is actually quite common on these forums, and many photographers here have learned lots of tricks and techniques to make their shooting experience more enjoyable, and in some cases, more profitable. Perhaps it's the multitude of complaints and reliability issues with MFD that has us looking too our peers for insight, other than the all to familiar "sales pitch" from a dealer. Some are obviously taking this more personal than others.

Last edited:

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Sorry Yair, but I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to find a simple fix by coming here for some intelligent answers. In this case, it sounds like he will indeed be sending it in for repair, but the above exchanges make that more clear to him.

Greg
agreed, lots of experience here with backs and I believe it was already recommended he contact his dealer before Yair's comment... I think rather than demeaning the quality of posters here at getDPI(which is very high) Yair might have considered being a little more polite and just reaffirm calling a dealer right away was advisable - which the OP had already concluded before the comment.

I assume the OP came here just to make sure it wasn't "user error" and narrow down the possible causes (such as the camera body)... we've all seen something strange and with new equipment sometimes a person just wants to make sure they haven't missed some little thing.