The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 6 hacked to accept Hasselblad backs

V

Vivek

Re: Mamiya 6 hacked to accept H-mount backs

I like the GMC truck he/she is selling.

Oren Grad

Is it for H backs, or for V backs?
Ah, good question. The listing doesn't say explicitly, but now that you mention it, I imagine it's likelier that it's V backs.

EDIT: I've edited the thread title accordingly.

fotografz

It highly likely is a V mount, with a distant second possibility that it takes a Hasselblad CF back ... which also could be a V mount iAdapter.

Far less likely that it's a H mount, since there is no way to power the digital back except with a separate IB-II or some battery pack.

-Marc

vieri

It highly likely is a V mount, with a distant second possibility that it takes a Hasselblad CF back ... which also could be a V mount iAdapter.

Far less likely that it's a H mount, since there is no way to power the digital back except with a separate IB-II or some battery pack.

-Marc
Yeah, that's what I thought - however, before even thinking about shelling out that much cash, I'd rather be sure :D Plus, I am a left-eye shooter, so I'd run into nose trouble with such a solution. I'd love a digital Mamiya 6 though!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Yeah, that's what I thought - however, before even thinking about shelling out that much cash, I'd rather be sure :D Plus, I am a left-eye shooter, so I'd run into nose trouble with such a solution. I'd love a digital Mamiya 6 though!
Why anyone would consider the fragile fairly old Mamiya 6 is beyond me...
would rather see a newer Mamiya 7 II at least the advance lever might last for a while...and after all the problems that Alpa addresses with shims this is a real leap of faith.

Great lenses however...love to see a new solution.

Bob

vieri

Bob, when I say "I'd love a digital Mamiya 6" it means I'd love a camera with the form factor & focal lenses (equivalent) of the Mamiya 6, the same kind of RF, etc but digital. I thought it was pretty clear, I am sorry if it wasn't :D btw, the Mamiya 7 is way plasticky-er and flimsier than the 6 was; that said, I'd rather have something sturdier than what both the 6 & 7 were.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Vieri,

My comments were not in response to your post...some of my best photographs were from a Mamiya 7 II 65/80 combination travel kit.

Used an Alpa with H3DII 39 back for a couple of years and it is very close....depending on the lens and your tolerance for messing with lens color cast. Woody Campbell here has some great examples on his site...now using a Phase 180 back.

A middle range with 16 large fat pixels and a decent body ... like the XPAN would be
so wonderful.

I would sell off half of my stuff tomorrow if one were announced.

Bob

richardman

A middle range with 16 large fat pixels and a decent body ... like the XPAN would be
so wonderful.

I would sell off half of my stuff tomorrow if one were announced.

Bob
I would sell all of camera gear plus my used car if there is a digital XPan :)