The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Think Tank Glass Taxi for Tech cams

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have mostly given up on back-pack style bags. More comfortable to carry, but not nearly as practical to work out of in the field as a shoulder bag. My current preferences for back-pack style bags are 1) the TT Ultralight since it also fits perfectly inside a Pelican 1510 hard-case and 2) the F-Stop Tilopia since it opens from from the back. Either will hold all the gear you need. My other peeve on back-pack style bags is working out of them in the field -- oh wait, I mentioned that -- and having to set the part that rests on your back in wet anything, dust or sand. Also, the sides are generally so low that especially when working in it, you get lots of sand inside the bag -- the last place I want it.

My current shoulder bag preference for tech cams is the Domke J1 ballistic and the TT UD60. The J1 holds my Arca with eModule, lens and back mounted and ready to shoot, 2 or 3 spare lenses, finder, laser RF, batteries, cleaning gear, filters, gloves, buff, wind-pants, and snacks; the UD60 all of that plus a laptop, but is not quite as easy to work from. Both companies do offer back-pack style straps as carry options for those bags too.

But we all have our own preferences for sure, so this is my .02 only -- so see, Guy and I do not always agree on everything!

But the real proof is what bag will Guy be using next month? I am willing to bet anybody it will be something different and he's already admitted he has a dozen bags in his camera cabinet :ROTFL:. Of course I am not immune and should not be throwing stones -- I have 5 myself! (3 Domkes --J1, J803, F803; and 2 TT's -- Airport UL and UD60) :)

Cheers,

I have Domke F803 and J803 too. I really am a sick bastard. Just was out shooting in a Ghost Town with the Glass Taxi.

SergeiR

Well.. TT bags are a bit odd when it comes to zippers (they chew in anything they can get onto)but, in shapeshifter you can carry:
- 4x5 Linhof Technika + RZ + Aptus54s + few lenses for each + sekonic flashmeter
- two MF bodies with assorted lenses and 2 digital backs and one film..
- MF system with lenses and digital back and film back and Nikon D700 with lenses...
- single D700 + 3 SB900 + lenses and meter
- RZ or AFD + digital back + 3 lenses + meter + 2 flashes / 2 EL Quadra heads...

+ 15.4 macbook pro + ipad.

And yes, i do travel like that through airports :)))) My "carryon" normally weights 1.5 times more than luggage b/c of that :)