The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mirror Lock Up on Hasselblad 503CW w/ Aptus

weeks82

This may be a dumb questions but...

I just received my Leaf Aptus II 5 for my Hasselblad 503CW. If I use mirror lock up/pre-release the back says "an image was not recorded" (or similar)

Is it not possible to use the pre release with a digital back ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Udo

Hi there,

are you using the 503 with the winder CW? And if so is the back connected to the winder or lens via trigger cable?

Best regards,
Udo

yaya

If you're not using a winder then the back/ software should be set to 500 series then it should work fine

Yair

yaya

I suggest that you contact your dealer and have them look into it for you, it could be the sync cable or your lens that are playing up

BR

Yair

richardman

I used a P30 back with a 503CW and this can happen if:

- your sync cable isn't sitting fully, especially on the lens body
- you let go of your shutter release too fast. Wait until you hear the shutter closes down fully before releasing the button
- you "half-press" the shutter button for too long. The best is only "half-press" the shutter button for about a second (to wake up the back if needed) and then press it fully.

Beware that for long exposure (e.g. 1 second or longer), some of the new but not newest lens will shut off the sync signal in the middle. Hasselblad can fix them for you in that case. Some older C lens may also not send the sync signals reliable, especially for longer exposure (e.g. less than 1/15).