The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Film Back Problem / Glitch?

Chris Giles

Over the weekend I've had some issues with film in my H1.

The film will be loaded, will wind on fine but sometimes when I go to take the shot the film won't wind on. The low battery light was showing in the back's window and I changed it, put the film in and took a couple of shots. All seemed fine.

Now, before I go on the film would unwind fine. Suggesting there was enough power there before changing the battery but anyway....

Fast forward to today and again the film was not advancing. The only way to make this happen was to remove the battery and reinsert it. All then was well again. It seems as if when the camera is left for a while it 'forgets' the back is there.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

carl-b

Hi Chris

Not sure if this will help, but have you tried the battery reset option? If it's the 7.2 v battery?