The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Corrupt Files? Need help please!

Greg Haag

I just finished a shoot tonight and have tried to download my files and have run into a big problem. It downloaded the first 4 files and then I get this message. I can see the files on the card? Any suggestions to salvage these would be greatly appreciated.
FYI, I am shooting with H4D-40 and have tried Phocus and Lightroom.
Thanks,
Greg

malmac

I used photo rescue to retrieve some images from my IQ back - when I had a problem.

What I found was that the files were TIFF files, full resolution - but they were not the RAW files from Phase One.

Is this what other have found - or have I failed to use the software correctly?

Mal

David Schneider

Mal,

That's right. You get TIFF files back.

I've gotten some mustard stains on my shorts when I've lost images, but PhotoRescue has done a fantastic job of getting images back.

I think it's usually a momentary power loss to card reader that causes problems more than anything else.