The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3D body only?

Udo

Hi Jeff,

check out Pro Centre in London under second hand sales 'Hasselblad Digital'.

Regards, Udo

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I believe you need to goto Hasselblad directly since the body is matched with the digital back. You cannot just buy a spare body and put your existing digital back on it.

Lance

FredBGG

Not Available
I believe you need to goto Hasselblad directly since the body is matched with the digital back. You cannot just buy a spare body and put your existing digital back on it.

Lance
Best to buy a used H2D and trade/upgrade to the H4X that works with all backs

jmosier01

Best to buy a used H2D and trade/upgrade to the H4X that works with all backs
Hey Fred that's actually not how the H4X works. It was designed for users of H1/H2 bodies to be able to upgrade their bodies and still use their backs. The H3D backs only work on H3D / H3D II bodies.

Thanks though =)

Guys I was able to track one down. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Jeff

jmosier01

Hey Fred, that's actually not quite true. The H4X is to the H1 / H2 as H4D is to the H3D. The H4X will only work with older backs and was designed to allow users of the older bodies the ability to upgrade.

I ended up picking up a body. Thanks for all of the info guys!