The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the Photokina news?

Graham Mitchell

Are some companies saving announcements for another day? I assumed that the new products would all be on display from day 1, so was anyone there? Any medium format digital news apart from the Leica bombshell?

yaya

Everything you saw/ heard being announced over the last few weeks is being shown and demonstrated (at various states of development) at the show.

No further announcements as far as I can tell.

I think the only new MF products that are boxed up and ready to go are the AFi-II and the Aptus-II (except for the 56MP) as they are already being delivered over the next few days.

Yair

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Yair for the report , hope the booth has lot's of attendee's.

Thierry how about Sinar

I would love to hear from Elinchrom, Hensel, Hassy, Broncolor, Profoto and others

BTW Elinchrom came out with new softboxes for fabric grids in all flavors and some other cool products
check out there site http://www.elinchrom.com/

woodyspedden

Personally, against all known logic, I was waiting and hoping for a Hasselblad Focal Plane shutter body. Love to be able to get the best of both worlds and use my FE lenses as well as the CFE's.

I think that if Hassy doesn't respond to this market desire, while Mamiya and Leica do, they will start losing market share pretty rapidly. There are simply too many situations that require both. Frankly I get sick of trying to focus while using a 10 stop Vari ND filter from Singh Ray (no knock against the filter or Singh Ray to be sure) just because the light is so bright that it overwhelms the 1/800 max shutter speed of the H3D.

Certainly Hasselblad knows how to build a world class focal plane body having done it eons ago with the 200 series.

I anxiously await the outcome

woody

arashm

Yes
I'm anticipating a Hasselblad press release or news of some sort.
isn't there a 645 - 60 mega pixel back being announced at photokina?
am

T

thsinar

Sorry guys, for not having given any info up to now. As you can imagine, we are all busy here.

As far as new products are concerned: all which has been announced is shown at the Sinar booth:

- Sinar arTec camera
- Sinaron Digital VHR 23mm
- Sinar Hy6 65
- Sinarback eSprit 65
- Sinar eXposure 6.1 with "Shading Tool"
- Sinar eXposure 6.1 for Windows (same features as Mac version)
- New Sinar DNG Workflow: from shooting to print in 3 minutes. Presented at our booth with a live shooting and "on-the-fly" and automatic calibrated print-out.

In addition:

- the 90° viewfinder for the Hy6 is available and shown at our booth
- there is a prototype of the new cable release for the Hy6
- there is a prototype of a new Schneider Tele-Xenar AF 4/150mm
- there is a new 4/120 Macro Apogon AF PQS announced (more when I get the news).

That's it for the time being. I shall certainly have more interesting news coming today or tomorrow: stay tuned.

Sorry for being so short, but writing from the booth just before doors open.

Best regards,
Thierry

Last edited:
T

thsinar

I shall post some snapshots, as soon as possible, but not today: the booth is full and it's like "hell" here.

BTW, little correction concerning the 120 Macro: it is not an AF and there are 2 new 120mm lenses:

- Macro 4/120 (non-AF)
- Apogon 4/120 AF

Thierry

T

thsinar

Ben,

it will be available in 3 weeks time, by end of October, both the Mac and Windows version.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

When will eXposure 6.1 be available for download?

Ben

Stuart Richardson

Hey Thierry, is there any news on the 6x6 back for the Hy6? (Yair, maybe you know about it as well...). I think I remember you saying that it was planned to be shown at Photokina. I would really love to have a 6x6 film back for the Hy6, assuming it costs less than my 6008AF...

robmac

Chris - thanks for the heads up. Just reading the web site.

Phase and Leica still trying to decide who is/is not distributing the S2 ? Web site still emphasizes exclusive thru Phase... I can just imagine the creative language being expressed within the Leica/Phase dealer structures - and within the respective Board rooms.

R

rainer-v

doesnt sound good at all this discussion among phase and leica about exclusivity and who`d made the camera and so on.
dont they find some small room at photokina to discuss this before announcing it puplic? reminds me when leica tried to buy sinar 2 years ago and struggled after reviewing their banc acount and the numbers,- after having announced the ( surprising )deal with big words.
somehow awkward.

Stuart Richardson

eh, it will take some time to hash things out. Probably, senior management knows exactly the bounds of the agreement, but they did not explain it fully to the lay employees before Photokina -- so every time someone asks a Phase or Leica rep, they get a different answer. Just like pricing for the S2 -- pricing is not yet set, but there are no shortage of people going around saying it is 18,000, 25,000 and 30,000 dollars. Too much chatter and too little concrete information. I don't think the fact that people don't have all the facts straight necessarily means that the alliance is somehow flawed.